September 18-22, 2006

Toups

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS needs more Steve & Kayla, its time for DAYS to kick their story into high gear.

In addition, Marlena is needed back on a daily basis...I am tired of her absences being explained by other characters. Get this women on my screen, involved in the current story and front and center. Enough is enough!!

DAYS has just been so good lately and DOES NOT deserve these ratings!!

DAYS needs more Steve & Kayla, its time for DAYS to kick their story into high gear.

In addition, Marlena is needed back on a daily basis...I am tired of her absences being explained by other characters. Get this women on my screen, involved in the current story and front and center. Enough is enough!!

DAYS has just been so good lately and DOES NOT deserve these ratings!!

• Members

I agree-Marlena, John, Steve, and Kayla need more focus. We know they will get it but Days has focused too long on the same group of stories and characters. Not really their fault because it is a transition but with Hogan starting next week I have no doubt the show is going to start to see better results. It better because they really don't deserve this. All that action and drama last week should not result in stagnant ratings.

Who knows anymore-the ratings are such downers now because no one can figure out how the hell to get results. It's hard not to be negative after seeing how good a show was last week and not see any sort of gain. Shocking-it really is shocking.

I hope things get better and I think they will but I was expecting much better then this. Hopefully, demos and total viewers are decent.

• Members

I'm thinking the neverending Claire/baby bungle might be a result of DAYS not gaining any more points. First of all, it's gone on for way too long. Second, it is involving the younger set. Jason and Farah especially may be popular with viewers, but to see a set of twentysomethings obsessed with babies can turn people off. Only until Claire was finally revealed to be Shawn's and the eventual downfall of Mimi, I didn't give two craps about Shimi and Shelle and their babies. This story has gotten the push it desperately needed.

I've said that DAYS can't survive on just featuring the younger characters, even if their part of core families. The show NEEDS Steve, Kayla, John, Marlena, Kate, Victor, as well as Alice and Maggie on more than they've been featured. The only two mature characters to be prominently featured have been Bo and Hope. It's time to concentrate more on the older ones now.

• Members

I don't know how safe Y&R is from ratings drops, either, really. The show has not been good lately. It's like one non-stop ABC Afternoon Special. I can hardly watch it now. I was hooked all summer. It's awful now. Jack and Sharon are absolutely sick. I have no idea where this Gloria/Jill/Ashley/Whatshisname story is going. The Victor and Devon storylines are constant Public Service Announcements that I really can't stand anymore. The Reliquary/College/Colleen story...well, I won't even touch that! The show might be doing fine now but this is all going to get very old, very fast.

Archived