September 18-22, 2006

Toups

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days needs to go up in the ratings but at least their ratings didn't drop from the week before.I hope the ratings for DAYS explodes when Hogan's material finally airs.Maybe John and Marlena's story will help.If Marlena is featured more by Hogan the ratings should not stay at a 2.5 ratings.They can only rise because Deidre Hall has a large fanbase.

• Members

Great for AMC reaching the 3rd spot for ratings and having an increase of ratings. Interesting. The increase happened during a heavy Kendell/Ryan, Babe/Josh week. I think the murder reveal will bring in veiwers for the next two weeks. Great for AMC catching up to Days, ATWT and GH. There was a major house hold gain this week .18 household increase compared to last week:

HH

LW: 2.34

TW: 2.52

Kudos to being the only ABC soap that gained.

• Members

I don't think so... DAYS has been constantly good for a month now. We had THREE storylines last week that had their climaxes, but it didn't do any good. I don't think Hogan will bring back the ratings. And I certainly don't think it's because Marlena is not featured. Marlena and John were off for like two months during summer and their ratings were 2.6-2.7... So I don't think Marlena would help...

I am really disappointed... *sniff*

• Members

I am so glad that ATWT held on. With everyone talking about how boring it is, I was afraid it would drop. So glad it held on and did not drop and stayed tied for #3. I think that is what 4 weeks in a row now at #3. That is great.

And this week has been so good. Hopefully we will see it rise this week.

I have to say I am shocked too by Days not going up. I felt sure that J/J exit would bring them better than a 2.5 for Thursday at least.

As Manny said I just don't think there are any way of 2nd guessing the ratings these days. What you think will make them go up just doesn't, and then all of a sudden when you think they should be down they will go up.

Just looking at the ratings for the last few weeks, it just seems that the whole daytime genre is off right now (or at least the soaps). I mean 2.5 for #3 is not too good at all. And then the majority of the soaps either stayed the same or went down this week. AMC and B&B (two shows that get alot of flack right now on the boards) are the only soaps to rise this week. Not a pretty picture at all.

• Members

It's the new fall season and there is a lot of creativity out there. Even some shows that fail miserably are trying new things and new ideas. Which soap is really do that? I can't see any new soap viewers starting to watch with the current crop of stories on the air. There is so little originality. Maybe someone will come along and save the soap genre, but I don't blame people for not tuning in. If there is going to continue to be a lack of creativity and diversity, then the smart thing would do would be to focus on vets, right? To hold onto your current audience? Obviously not, since they constantly be fired and replaced with lesser actors.

If TPTB at these shows worked for my company they would all be fired. Why are they allowed to hang on and keep running most of these shows into the ground?

I love ATWT but even it has become stuntville. Slasher story I enjoyed, then three weeks of complete boredom an Ice Storm (which isn't nearly as good as the slasher for me). When the storm is over, will we have more boredom and then another stunt for November sweeps? We are probably the most loyal genre of fans, but that doesn't mean the shows should treat us like we'll accept anything.

• Members

I doubt it. The ratings hardly budged when Drake and Dee got back from hiatus. As Manny says, they were actually a point or two higher during the weeks they were off-screen. It does not seem like anything can move them at the moment. S&K were also featured during Thursday's ep. and they had no affect. Hogan will have to pull some serious rabbits out of his hat.

• Members

Maybe. Hopefully, it isn't too late. The time to have done that would have been when they first returned instead of letting the story spin its wheels for months.

I think the show has been great, but I'm not blind. It's a bit on the boring side and we are still dealing with the same crappy stories. I liked the JnJ send off and I'm sad to see them go, but I wouldn't have tuned in just for that. The Shelle/Clare story has gone on too long and I just don't care anymore. Patrick arrested? Who cares? Not me. Same goes for the murdered chick. Don't care.

• Members

I think it is going to take something HUGE to open up the floodgates for Days. If last week did nothing, which for the life of me I just can't understand as NBC did have promotion showing what was happening, then it is going to take alot. Then again, Days has an awful record with ratings in September. I remember last year they didn't go up at all for LUMI's wedding and the aftermath and that was pretty good. Not making excuses though-Days did everything right last week and got nothing in return and that stinks. They were THE show to watch last week and I guess we should be lucky it stayed the same.

I kinda wish Days did all this in the summer (well not the J&J exit but the other stuff) because I think maybe they would've budged a bit but that is a maybe. I think timing could play a role. Now just watch them go up for this week since they didn't for last week. It is always the weeks you don't expect.

I hope October is a better month for ratings because Days has suffered this month and they have been really good. That is sad when 5 out of the 9 daytime soaps stink IMO right now and need creativer changes. Days, ATWT, GL, and Y&R are the only soaps that should be up near the top. I think Days really captilized in the summer when ABC was having lows and I think alot of people from there tuned in for Steve/Kayla. Steve/Kayla have really done nothing so I think those people tuned out because there was nothing else they cared about. Whatever the case-this sucks and I can only hope the total viewers and demos are good at the very least. I was so excited for the ratings thinking at least a 2.7 but I guess no one knows how the ratings work anymore :(

• Members

That is a great point Daysgal.

There was nothing surprising about the Claire reveal. Perhaps the Mimi reveal will get a boost because that is something that will pave the way for Shelle. The only thing good about the Claire reveal was we got some great scenes so I guess I can understand people not watching for just that.

J&J alone should've given them some boost. That is all everyone heard was how their fans were going to come back to watch their last episodes and their sendoff did zero for the ratings these past few weeks let alone this week.

Lucas/Carrie/Austin happened on Friday at the end so I didn't expect that to do anything for the numbers until this week and Patrick's arrest and Bope's scenes were not ratings grabbers. Bope's reunion will be.

I guess I just hope that any payoff will raise numbers. I guess last week was amazing for everyday watchers but for others it was just either too late for some of these and people wanting something new or maybe people just didn't want to watch. Who knows anymore. KR is right-this is starting to get impossible to figure out. Days had better numbers all summer when really nothing was happening and they get ho-hum numbers for amazing week. Who would've guessed?

• Members

I'm new to Days but I thought last week was filled with excellent acting (even if EJ was only on twice last week LOL) .

I imagine that a lot of DOOL viewers that have stopped watching in the past year simply didn't tune in just to watch their favorites exit. No doubt the Matt and Missy fans as well as the Jason Cooke fans found last week difficult to watch and instead chose to avoid the show completely.

Once Hogan's new SLs kick in in a couple of weeks and the supercouples start to take shape (Lumi, Shelle and Bope) I expect that people will start tuning in once again.

Archived