Dancing With The Stars: Discussion Thread

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I only got to see the last hour......

You could tell Harry Hamlin worked really hard, but he was just so stiff and nervous.....

I'm so not feeling Vivica A. Fox, she's in her own little world.....

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! :lol:

Jerry did better than I thought he would......

• Members

It wasn't bad. I thought Jerry and Emmit did alot better then I thought. I think Cheryl is such a great partnet she makes anyone good and she really made Emmit good. I like both Emitt and Jerry.

The rest was eh. Mario was very good but he annoyed me so much in his intro I could't enjoy him. Vivica is too diva-ish. I will be rooting for Harry because of what happened last year with Lisa and all but he was very stiff tonight. Lucky for him that there are others primed to before him.

Not a bad night though-Joey Lawrence was kinda annoying with the bald head. I felt really bad for that Monique girl because there seems like major tension between Louis and her. Louis didn't like their performance but Monique was ok with it and we all saw how much he was pushing her. I was bothered by the judges asking Louis to take Monique out. She can't be anymore then 17 years old (I mean she is a Disney star) so that would be awkward him taking her to dinner or something :lol: .

I think Tucker and Shauna are vulnerable. Basically, anyone not recognizable that did not do well is in danger tomarrow.

• Members

I was so bored.

God.

What happened to the spark of S2?

Mario did well. Harry WAS stiff.

I really thought Jerry Springer did well. He wasn't bad at all.

Mario's the new Drew.

Shanna wasn't bad at all.

The judges were a little too cruel for just the first night; gimme a break.

• Members

I liked Mario, Emmitt and Jerry. I was surprised Mario didn't mention that he was a background dancer on Kids Incorporated. The Lady host was trying her best to get him to fess up. What was up with Tucker and Joey's pants? They were way too big. Has Joey been taking steriods? :lol:

I didn't like any of the women. But I didn't care for the type of dance they had to do. If I had to pick one though, I think Monique was the best out of them. And Finally, it was oh so good to see Maksim in tight pants again. Hmmm-mmmmm-mmmm! ;)

• Members

Mario was by far the best. I liked his performance. Other than him the other personalities I like are Vivica, and Harry. They really should rename this "Dancing with Who the Hell Are These People" It was like a collection of D-listers. I didnt know who half the cast was.

This episode dragged. I taped it and it felt like it went on forever. Why 11 "stars" That just makes the season longer and I dont think I will get as invested as I was in the past

She actually turns 26 this November.

• Members

I forgot to say Sara Evans sucked. Her dance partner, Tony something or other, is trying to do the same moves he did last season with Stacy Keibler. She was extending her leg in really awkward places and Sara isn't a Stacy so it looked awkard and out of place, at least it did for me. I think Sara could be a good dancer if the choreograhy would get better.

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2006..._with_th_2.html

September 12, 2006

Dancing With The Stars – Emmitt Smith Steals The Show

To kick off Dancing With The Stars 3, Joey Lawrence dances the Cha Cha Cha with Edyta Sliwinska. Len Goodman says “Great first dance, great potential.” Bruno Tonioli says “You could be a match made in heaven that was slick, sharp, and sexy.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “I think that you are a very powerful performer immediately. I love the way you started us off on such a high level.” Joey and Edyta receive a score of 21 out of 30 points.

Sara Evans dances the Fox Trot with Tony Dovolani. Len Goodman says “It was just occasionally that your footwork was a little big wrong, and you didn’t glide across the floor.” Bruno Tonioli says “Well Sara, you’re a lady. There is a strange case of split personality. Some time you’re like Jackie Owen then you turn into Barbara Bush.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “I think you have a natural grace about you which is very nice. I would love to see you just open up, you look very nervous and very conservative.” Sara and Tony receive a score of 15 out of 30 points.

Tucker Carlson dances the Cha Cha Cha with Elena Grinenko. For the first part of the dance, Tucker sits in a chair while Elena dances around him. Carrie Ann Inaba says “You didn’t dance for half the number so I can’t really give you a good score on that one.” Len Goodman says “Well Tucker, the best part was the start. All the problems started as soon as you stood up.” Bruno Tonioli says “What an awful mess.” Tucker and Elena receive a score of 12 out of 30 points.

Monique Coleman dances the Fox Trot with Louis Van Amstel. Bruno Tonioli says “Monique, you’re a dream girl in the making, aren’t you?” Carrie Ann Inaba says “I would say you over danced it with your face a little bit, make it more real.” Len Goodman says “My feeling was that the chemistry’s not quite there. I want to see a bit more romance.” Monique and Louis receive a score of 19 out of 30 points.

Emmitt Smith dances the Cha Cha Cha with Cheryl Burke. Carrie Ann Inaba says “You are light on your feet, you are all that, and then some.” Len Goodman says “It was a joy.” Bruno Tonioli says “Man, you are the king of effortless cool.” Emmitt and Cheryl receive a score of 24 out of 30 points.

Willa Ford dances the Fox Trot with Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Bruno Tonioli says “What an exquisite treat.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “I thought you were graceful and flawless.” Len Goodman says “It had a lot of the elements that you look for, lovely fluid movement, I love the way you came in and out of holds, it wasn’t any sort of sudden change, it just seamless.” Willa and Maksim receive a score of 22 out of 30 points.

Mario Lopez dances the Cha Cha Cha with Karina Smirnoff. Len Goodman says “I thought that was right up there with the best we’ve seen tonight.” Bruno Tonioli says “Do you have extra batteries in your pants?” Carrie Ann Inaba says “The sex appeal between you two and the chemistry is insane.” Mario and Karina receive a score of 26 out of 30 points.

Shanna Moakler dances the Fox Trot with Jesse DeSoto. Bruno Tonioli says “You’re a very pretty girl and there were very good moments, but sometimes the beauty queen turned into an ice queen.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “Don’t listen to him, I though you did great.” Len Goodman says “Well, I was expecting a bit more if I’m honest.” Shanna and Jesse receive a score of 18 out of 30 points.

Harry Hamlin dances the Cha Cha Cha with Ashly DelGrosso. Carrie Ann Inaba says “It was stiff and awkward.” Len Goodman says “It was a bit mechanical, not enough animal.” Bruno Tonioli says “Well, I could see going on in your mind, how am I going to get to the end of this.” Harry and Ashly receive a score of 17 out of 30 points.

Vivica A. Fox dances the Fox Trot with Nick Kosovich. Bruno Tonioli says “That is for sure, I loved it.” Len Goodman says “What I love is you came out and sold that performance.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “You are one feisty girl.” Vivica and Nick receive a score of 22 out of 30 points.

Jerry Springer dances the Cha Cha Cha with Kym Johnson. While practicing with Kym, Jerry says “I have made a fool of myself so many times in my life, this is only going to be a footnote.” Len Goodman says “I thought you did a great job.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “Well, I do love the fact that you went for it, you definitely went for it, but you forgot your choreography a couple times.” Bruno Tonioli says “There is still a lot of springs left in the springer.” Jerry and Kym receive a score of 16 out of 30 points.

Of all the dancers, the biggest surprise was perhaps Emmitt Smith. He wowed the judges and the audience by dancing like he had been doing it all his life. Mario Lopez, Vivica A. Fox, and Willa Ford also stood out as exceptional. Another big surprise was Jerry Springer. While he wasn’t the best dancer of the night, he was far from the worst. The worst dancer of the night was Tucker Carlson. He was so bad that he might be safe, because viewers who like to vote for the worst will probably keep him around. Even though Sara Evans had a pretty low judges score, her fan base will likely keep her safe as well. Either Harry Hamlin or Shanna Moakler is probably the most likely to be going home.

• Members

Well, it was an okay... the judge's comments were a bit of a buzzkill for the whole show though. Later in the season, I would expect some of those comments; but for the first dance they could have been a bit more nicer about. Emmitt Smith defintely surprised me, I didn't expect that he would do good at all. I'm totally in his camp.

Archived