Dancing With The Stars: Discussion Thread

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Geez, the judges were brutal tonight.

I actually liked Cheryl and Emmit's dance. Not the greatest but I'm not sure what the big chill by the judges was for.

Louis and Monique were smoking. Louis, like Cheryl, works hard to make his partner look good and be good. And L & M definitely developed a chemistry since their first dance. Sidenote: Louis and Cheryl dancing to Copacabana last season is one of my favorite performances by the pros.

Harry...I don't see passion. I see ice. Freezes me out.

I don't think Willa won any fans tonight, no matter how she danced. And obviously, Bruno transferred his lust for blonde Stacey to blonde Willa.

Jerry is fun to have around for the entertainment value. I don't think he's going anywhere just yet. I think he'll last about as long as Hamilton did.

Sara, sorry, she just doesn't excite me. Maybe she came a little out of her shell but compared to some of the other women, her moves still seemed careful. She's still in her comfort zone.

Mario...ouch. But he doesn't seem to want to play by the rules. Question is, will the judges' harshness cause viewer backlash? Ditto Joey. Plus, I wonder how much Joey and Mario's attitudes, apologetic vs. not, will affect the voting.

Vivica did well. But I'm still not warm to her.

• Members

Does anyone know exactly what qualifies as a lift? Monique's little leap of faith at the beginning and then I know Louis lifted her up and twisted her around a bit in the middle but the judges said nothing about that being a lift. I thought what Joey and Edyta did at the beginning was the same as what Monique did but the judges were all over him like rabid dogs. :blink:

I want to like Vivica but she comes across to me as a fake. A good dancer but a fake nonetheless.

• Members

What angered me is Mario's partner. She is the professional and choreographs the dances. She knew lifts were not allowed but like last week, she led her partner astray. I don't like her at all and wish she would be fired. Did you see her mouth I hate you to the judges backstage when the scores were revealed? She is a wild one. I'd not want her. If she is the same one as last year, I think she will be in trouble.

I love Monique. She is a great little performer, a trouper and hot dancer. She has legs made for dancing which gives her a look the others cannot get.

I love Joey. Who can not love that happy, bubbly face? He was penalized for the shenanigans, too. The judges hate that and why do their professionals put them on the plank like that?

I like Jerry. He is such a gentleman and he really can dance. His partner is adorable.

• Members

Im rooting for Harry here but he did look stiff tonight. I didnt see much chemistry between him nad Ashley tonight.

When Monique came out, I went WTF! She definetly got my attention with that jump. She was on fire. She's really impressing me and I think she could go far. The one thing that could work against her is that she's a relative unkown and may not have the fanbase to keep her in in a few weeks.

Again who the heck is Willa Ford? Everytime I hear her name, I think of a modeling agency. They say she's a popstar but what does she sing? Never heard of her.

Also why cant the contestants do lifts? I dont quite get that

I knew the second I saw Mario do that drop that he would recieve hell from the judges. It really was unnecesary and broke what otherwise would have been a flawless dance. I thought Len was harsh on him though with the 6

I cant stand that Samantha Harris. I noticed that tonight the camera man kept keeping her face out of frame. LOL...doing us at a home a favor by sparing us from looking at her face. Too bad I can still hear her.

Len was harsh, but Mario needed to hear some slack from the judges. Im no dance expert and knew he f-ed up when he dropped to the floor during the tango. His performance was perfect up until that. He's turning into a rebel and I think the early praise has gotten to his head. He did fabulous the first week but messed up last week bc he wanted to do his own thing and not the proper dance and this week continued to do the same thing. They asked him to respect the rules and the dance and I think he should. He can be fun and original without all this extra stuff that kills the routines

• Members

What a mixed night.

Harry - good

Vivica - over did it

Mario - good but broke the rules

Joey - didn't see him (my satellite went out ... lol)

Monique - my favorite -- awesome girl!

Sara - very very good tonight

Jerry - again, very very good

Emmitt - very good

Willa - good but still forgettable

It's a tough season this year. Willa's going to go tomorrow, unfortunately.

• Members

Len is the one who says at the beginning what the judges look for in the particular dance they perform. Those are what they will be judged on. Mario's partner knew full well she was breaking the rules this week and last week. She needs to go. In a quick step, lifts are not allowed, that is ballroom dancing rules.

• Members

OK if listing is against the rules why are the professional dancers not sticking to their guns and telling their celebrity partners not to do it? That makes no sense, especially when they see others get penialized for it before them. With that said, Len needs to cool it. Carrie and Bruno had it right by seemingly only docking dancers a point or two for breaking the rules. Len has no reason to known people down to 6's like that. I know he is the big judge there but he needs to get that stick out of his ass because he is being too serious. This is not a professional competition-it is pros teaching amateurs. It is only the 3rd week so he really needs to lighten up. Penalize but don't go that far.

Mario did need to hear that. It is clear many of these dancers are saying the hell with the judges and are going for the fan's votes. Mario has let things get to his head and he always seems to want to put moves you would typically see in a "fast" dance into a slower one. I see some tension between him and his partner and he seems to be forcing her to do certain moves she would rather not do which should not happen since she is the pro. I don't like his partner though-her attitude sucks. Their dance wasn't bad though.

Vivica needs to go soon. I can't stand her. The crying is so fake IMO. She knew her diva-like attitude was turning people off early on so now it's time to show some vulnerability. I don't like her or Nick.

Sara was ok today considering she usually bores me. I still want her gone but that fanbase is going to take her far.

Jerry is a delight. He is entertaining like Hamilton but has a little more talent. He isn't leaving anytime soon.

Emmit wasn't bad. Not as good as the previous weeks but still good. He is still a lock for the final 4 IMO.

I am really rooting for Harry but he was stiff. He was loose last week but this week he went back to thinking too much. I see bottom two for him but I think he is safe.

Joey was very good other then all the acrobatics. He did not need all the handstands, flips, etc so I can see why the judges tore him apart (Len was too extreme though) but he still rocked IMO.

Monique went from darkhorse to finals contender. She has the body, the talent, the partner, etc to make it. She was amazing and has come into her own since her nerve-affected first week. I say she is a lock for the final 4 at least.

I like Willa but even with good judges scores the past two weeks she was in the bottom. Tonight she was only decent so that, combined with no fanbase, means she is going home. I can't see anyone else leaving tomarrow to be honest.

• Members

I thought Monique and Vivica were the best followed by Sara, Mario & Joey. Mario and Joey's professional partners should keep the 2 hard headed guys to sticking with the rules, it's their faults IMHO. I agree Len judged both of them too low, the other 2 judges gave them what they should've given them considering they broke the rules---8, 6 was way, way too low IMHO.

I thought Emmitt & Cheryl were better this week than last.

I thought Willa Ford (she's a 1 hit wonder with the top 10 hit from a few years ago "I Wanna Be Bad") was worse than ever and will probably go home. Although Jerry and Harry could go home since neither was much.

• Members

I agree. He's better than he thinks he is. I have to admit, I, along with others, no doubt, kind of groaned when I heard he was going to be part of the show. I'm not a fan of his style of talk show. But he's displaying a really good sense of humor and good sense, period. I was especially impressed with how he handled his partner's injury last week. He didn't give a fig what it meant to him or the show when she was facing something that could affect her whole career.

I'm not sure how far the viewers or his fanbase will take Jerry. I'm thinking he'll either go midway to about where Hamilton got eliminated, or the viewers will take him close to about the other Jerry's (Rice) level and keep him til the last 3-4.

• Members

This is what Len said to her. She is the professional and she is the one to cut out the wrong moves. She knew it. She choreographed it. The girl is a firey hothead and needs to go. Granted she is five times Latin champion, but rules are to be abided by or you get penalized by either points or banishment. Two times for her, now. I'm looking forward to next week.

Archived