Dancing With The Stars: Discussion Thread

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cant stand that Samanta Harris. How unprofessional did she sound asking the celebs if they were dating the dancers. I cant beleive she put them on the spot like that from rumors read in tabloids and mags. What does that have to do with anything?

I cant believe the bottom score was a 24. Everyone did really well today and I think the judges were actually very generous. I didnt get them bashing Joey and then giving him high scores. Huh?

As usual, Sara was boring. Her dancing is way too safe and she doesnt do anything spectacular to make you go wow. Unlike with Monique who impressed me. Did you see that final move she did with her leg. Is that humanly possible? She better not be in hte bottom 2 again bc she deserves to be in the finals.

I predict Jerry will go this week.

• Members

I can't see Jerry going home this week. He was hilarious, especially his intro. I loved him tonight.

I thought they all did well. Emmit and Monique were awesome and the best IMO. I also enjoyed Willa. It is a well known fact Willa and Maxim are probably dating but Samantha Harris did go over the line with all that questioning.

Sara should go. She sucks and does nothing special. Her fanbase is not doing her a favor. I did not like Len's comment about buying her CD at a second-hand store or whatever he said but she still should go.

I have the feeling this will be another stunner. I kinda want Mario to go because I hate his smugness and Sara should go and hopefully she will but I can see Willa and Joey being down low because she has no fanbase and he went first and was not memorable.

If Monique or Emmit is in the bottom two, then that will be a joke.

• Members

Ugh, I knew it. They saved Sara again. I didn't warm up to Willa, but come on, she's the better dancer. <_<

I can only hope that, as the field narrows each week, everybody who voted for any of the others who get eliminated find other favorites to vote for...maybe as the voting becomes less split and more focused to a few couples, it will be enough. It would be a bigger joke than Jerry Rice if she ended up on the final show.

Their voting system stinks, though. I voted online for the first time this week and, basically, anybody who wants to can vote whatever number they can that week for every e-mail address they enter. I didn't even have to wait to have my e-mail verified. Maybe they're working hand in hand with the soap mags. :rolleyes:

I think nobody knows whether or not to take this competition seriously as a dance competition. The judges want to play by the rules but the voters can literally turn all that upside down. The judges punish a front runner for not measuring up to the high standard they expect from him yet they seem to lower their standards and expectations for the less talented. The celebs knock themselves out to do the best they can but they can get voted off just because nobody's ever heard of them before or somebody else comes with a fanbase in place. That look on Monique's face last week, when she danced her heart out and was very good yet ended up in the bottom two just because not enough people voted for her and she knew it, was almost heartbreaking.

• Members

Sara is making a lot of enemies I would think. She paid for her votes via her contest and so she has earned my scorn. Her dancing is tragically pathetic. She says she works so hard, but of course that shows how shortsighted she is as they all work so hard, she just has no feel for dance.

Willa was so wronged. I loved how the crowd booed and the judges were crying. It was so horribly wrong.

I'll never buy even a used CD by Sara Evans, see a concert or even have a good word about her ever again. I just hope she doesn't host Nashville Star anymore because that would be too gross...LOL.

• Members

I knew it would be Willa in the bottom with either Joey or Jerry. This sucks big time. Sarah needs to go. It was fine when there were others who did bad but last night everyone brought it but her IMO and she never made the bottom. At the very least she should be in the bottom 2. I know it's her fanbase but something has got to give. It's her week next week and, if not, then things will really get ugly.

• Members

I think that is my main problem with her dancing....she doesn't use those hips of hers! And when she kept dancing with her hands on her hips like that.....ANYBODY can dance like that! She has to go soon, and if she doesn't, they need to come up with a better voting system. A FAIR one. <_<

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2..._with_th_5.html

October 11, 2006[/

Dancing With The Stars Results – Willa Ford Eliminated

After a recap of the Dancing With The Star top seven performance show, the judges selected Jerry Springer to dance an encore of the Samba with his partner Kym Johnson. After Jerry’s dance, Edyta Sliwinska and Kym Johson danced to a performance of “Hot Legs” by special musical guest Rod Stewart.

Hosts Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris announced that the first two dancers continuing on in the competition were Mario Lopez & Karina Smirnoff and Monique Coleman & Louis Van Amstel. Monique credited the fact that she just had fun in her dance last night as the reason that she was not in the bottom two like she was last week.

Musical Guest Rod Stewart returned for a performance of “Fooled Around And Fell In Love.” After Rod Stewart’s performance, Tom and Samantha revealed that Sara Evans & Tony Dovolani were moving on to the next round and that Jerry Springer & Kym Johnson were in the bottom two.

After a break, Tom and Samantha revealed that Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke and Joey Lawrence & Edyta Sliwinska would also be continuing on in the competition and that Willa Ford & Maksim Chmerkovskiy would be joining Jerry in the bottom two. The fifth couple eliminated from Dancing With The Stars 3 is Willa Ford & Maksim Chmerkovskiy. After a chorus of boos from the audience about the results, Willa Ford said “I did exactly what I set out to do, I improved every week.”

Archived