Dancing With The Stars: Discussion Thread

• Members

I have a feeling the results tomorrow night are going to mirror the judges' scores. I think Monique and Jerry are going to be in the bottom two, with Jerry being eliminated. From the phone-in point of view, it was easier to get through to vote for Monique than Emmitt--Emmitt's line stayed pretty busy. I spread my votes, online and off, between the two. I think tomorrow might give us the four teams I believed weeks ago would be the ones remaining, and that each elimination thereafter will happen in the order of Monique, Emmitt, and Joey. Mario's gonna take that trophy home.

I think, unless the fans can't bear to see him leave yet, that Jerry's swan song is tomorrow. It's pretty obvious he's tired and wants to go home. I have to hand it to the guy. I didn't initially like the idea of him being on the show, but he gave it his best (he was actually better than I expected him to be) and he's been entertaining. Good job, Jerry.

I never heard of Monique before DWTS but she's been one of my favorites of the celeb dancers. She has improved tremendously. I mean, she's done moves most of the celebs, male or female, haven't done. However, of the 5 celebs left, I think she is probably the one with the least recognition or smallest viewing fanbase. This is why, even though I think it's time for Jerry to go, I don't count out his fans keeping him in.

Emmitt's jive was my favorite this week. Love Cheryl. She immediately became my favorite of the pros last year. I think she, and Louis as well, have done an incredible job with their partners, both this season and last.

Joey was kinda meh for me tonight. Too much like last week. And, I kid you not, again I had the flashbacks of Yul Brynner dancing in "The King and I."

Mario's charm, evident though it is, is kinda lost on me. I can appreciate he is a terrific dancer but that's about all I feel.

Loved the group disco. That looked liked it was really fun for them to do together like that.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will be very surprised if mario doesn't win this competition, because he's just as good as the male professional dancers. I love Emmit and monique, so hopefully Emmit, monique, and mario will be the last 3 in the end. I'm not feeling joey for some reason, and jerry he tries.lol

• Members

I read that Willa was asked to rejoin but she refused saying the fan voted her off and they could just do it again. It would be humilating for her and she said it would unfair to those already voted off and those still competing.

Poor Sara and I give her credit for doing the interview to thank everyone. It was nice of her to involve Tony in her choreography for her tour. I am glad she will return for the finale and I wish her well.

I feel the judges were unfair to Monique tonight. Louis mentioned something too and alluded to talking to the judges but her dance was a somba for the most part. The judges noted there were somba moves in there. We have seen others do similar things to a dance in an attempt to modernize it or make it different and they got higher scores then Monque. They were far too harsh and I thought she was easily at the top for the night.

Joey has lost me. He just isn't very sharp right now and he messed up a bit in the freestyle.

Emmit is just great and my fave right now with Monique. I like how Cheryl just keeps things relaxed for her partner. Louis and Cheryl are the best pro partners I think. Emmit did real well with the lifts.

Mario is very good and my dislike is not based on dancing. I don't like the attitude and "superior" way he carries himself. He does lose focus and I was happy Len mentioned that.

I think Jerry wants out so he kind of just had fun with his dances. What I like about him is he is encouraging people to vote fairly because the others are better. He is so great and like George Hamilton at this time last year it is his time to go. He is so entertaining and a delight. He frightened me as I thought he hurt himself when he fell at the end of his dance. Kym has been great with him.

I really enjoyed the clip packages tonight too for all the stars. They were hilarious.

Now, I get the feeling they are going to pull an "American Idol" trick and not have anyone go tomarrow and just have the fan votes count for next week or something. The way Samantha said "watch tomarrow how Sara's exit affects the results" suggested that to me and they have an extra week now with Sara leaving. ABC wants this show for sweeps so either this will happen or they will do some sort of week of fun dancing before the finale. Something will have to give but I just get this feeling. We will see if I'm right.

• Members

I love Mario. He is sassy and saucy, yes, but he is only 20. He has loads of time to learn Jerry Springer's sort of charm. He is very talented, but not perfect. So far he is so far above the rest in my judgment.

Emmitt has surprised the socks off me. He is so light on his feet, has great timing and movement and personality. Of course, Cheryl is a super professional choice for him. I put Emmitt second, however, if Emmitt has the fan base, he could win over Mario.

Right now I'm at a loss between Monique and Joey. Both have dazzled and had great performances and both have fallen short. Joey has had a couple of off weeks whereas Monique was great last week and I thought too wild this week. Fan bases will have to figure in here.

Jerry Springer must go. He simply has made a great showing and can leave with loads of good feelings about his time on DWTS.

I'm interested in PR's theory and will look for that.

• Members

I agree Mario seems to cocky. I am in love, love and love with Monique and Louis, okay more Louis! But I didn't agree with Carrie Ann and usually I do about Mo doing her "solo" bit that couldn't have lasted what more than 15-25 seconds at top.....

Um hello JOEY was faux singing in a mircophone and least Mo was um, I don't know Carrie, she was DANCING.

• Members

It was down to Joey and Jerry and the loser was.....NOBODY! :lol: In light of Sara's leaving, they decided not to eliminate anybody this week. They said all the scores and votes from this week will be combined with next week so it will be the lowest overall total from both weeks that determines who goes next Wednesday.

Poor Jerry. I think he was counting on leaving tonight, lol. :P

Interesting shift of Joey falling into the bottom two. The samba is not his dance, for sure. I wonder if he's getting tired, too, or basically danced a dull samba for two weeks because it's not his strong suit.

• Members

PR, you called it exactly right. They will all return with keeping tonight's scores to add to next week.

This was a very interesting results show. I LOVE Lionel Ritchey so that was good. The special dance exhibitions were good and the older couple were enchanting. I really loved how they moved like one.

The segment about the design and creations of the costumes was excellent and I got jittery for them just watching that last minute stuff. The body language expert was interesting and the remark about having to stop Joey from Super Glueing his tongue to the top of his mouth was funny, to me. The tribute to Sara was a nice touch.

Since we know Joey hit the bottom two this week, I'm so hoping he can recover and come back next week and the fans will help pull him back up.

About Mario's age.....remember Tuesday last week (his birthday), they announced that it was his birthday and I could swear they said he was turning 20 because I thought, gee he looks more mature than that. Guess it was a joking remark...but it was his birthday.

Archived