Dancing With The Stars: Discussion Thread

• Members

No real surprise tonight about Monique and Louis. Still, it's hard to see any of them leave at this point...they've all done really well. You could see Monique was struggling not to cry. You know, even though it's human nature to want to be the winner, with a show like this, it gives people a chance to show their stuff whether they win or not. I think a lot of people gained a certain respect for Jerry they didn't have before...and he'll be able to dance with his daughter at her wedding. Folks that were either unknown to most viewers or somewhat "has-been" had the spotlight. Some of the celebs found out they were capable of more than they thought. So even if they lose out on the trophy, I think most of them have gained more than they lost.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well said and I totally agree.

I wanted to cry for Monique because not only was she the last female, she is the most improved. Remember how timid and little girl she was and how Louis took her under his wing to gain her confidence and to bond with him? He was so good for her and watching them blossom was such a treat. Monique will be a treasured memory for me from her sweet nature to her gutzy performances.

• Members

I am so sad for Monique. I was so excited when it came down to Mario and her. I was hoping she would have a shot at staying because she was the only female left and was a risktaker but I had a feeling she was done. I was just hoping I was wrong.

Monique took the biggest risks and it's sad that she had to go. I was so glad Len called out Mario on his overconfidence and cockiness. I hope he goes next week. I think Emmit is a lock for the finals if he dances the way he usually does and if Joey keeps up his momentum he should be in there. Emmit has a huge fanbase and Jerry Rice got to the final two last year and he wasn't no where close to the dancer Emmit is. Anyone but Mario "I think I already have it won" Lopez can win in my book.

Well said and I know, for me, I have gained alot of respect for Jerry. I also have grown to like Monique, whom I didn't even know before this. It's why I have loved this season. The competition has been stiff but getting to know these people and being pleasantly surprised by people like Jerry and Monique is what has made this a fantastic season IMO.

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2...ng_with_th.html

November 01, 2006

Dancing With The Stars Results – Monique Coleman Eliminated

After a recap of the Dancing with the Stars final four performance show, the judges selected Monique Coleman and Louis Van Amstel to dance an encore of the Cha-Cha-Cha. After the encore, previously eliminated Dancing with the Stars contestant Willa Ford returned to sing “Fame.” With only four couples left, Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris initially only revealed one couple that was moving on.

The first couple that was announced as moving on to the Dancing with the Stars semi-finals was Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke. After the announcement, Universal Professional Ballroom Champions Victor Fung and Anna Mikhed danced the Foxtrot to a performance of “Without You” by Il Divo.

During a judges review segment, Len Goodman assigned nicknames to each of the final four celebrity dancers. Len Goodman called Emmitt Smith “The Big Easy,” Monique Coleman “Little Miss Dynamite,” Joey Lawrence “The Dependable,” and Mario Lopez “The Magnificent.” After the judges review, Tom Bergeron & Samantha Harris announced that the second couple moving on to the Dancing with the Stars semi-finals was Joey Lawrence & Edyta Sliwinska.

The final two couples up for elimination were Mario Lopez & Karina Smirnoff and Monique Coleman & Louis Van Amstel. Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris announced that Monique Coleman & Louis Van Amstel had the lowest score when the viewer vote was combined with the judges’ scores and would be leaving the competition. Monique Coleman said “I never expected to make it this far, and I’m just so…thank you everyone that’s kept me on this show.”

• Members

theres only 3 people left. Was it necesary to devote an hour and a half to this? I liked that they had to do new dance numbers tonight. I beleive the last 2 seasons, had the stars rehash their favorite dances from the season but they did old dances with new chorepgraphy.

I also thought there were way too many 10s given out tonight. A 3 way tie for 59? It seemed fake to me. Kind of like a ploy to pressure people into spending money to vote. I only voted online and all went to Mario

• Members

First off, I hate that they wasted the first half hour and re-showing group dances from the results shows. I also hate that they didn't do what they did last year and make the final 3 the finale. I liked it last year when someone got eliminated in the first hour and then the winner was crowned in the second but I guess they wanted to extend this and try to avoid an upset like year with Stacy getting ousted and Jerry coming in 2nd.

Anyway, I agree Cheap. Some of the 10's were not deserving. I personally felt Mario's first dance and Joey's first dance did not deserve as high a mark as they got. I thought Emmit's first dance with the 29 was right on the money. As for the second dances, Mario's dance did get the right score but Joey's did not deserve a perfect score. There was nothing special about it. Maybe a 28-29 at most. Emmit and Cheryl's second dance deserved the 30 and thank heavens Carrie finally put up a 3rd 10 for them :lol: . I thought Emmit and Cheryl were the best and I am pulling for them. Mario and Karina's cockiness annoys me (although Mario has toned it a bit but I still dislike Karina).

I did think alot of it was just so they could make it tied and create suspense. It looked painfully fake. Emmit and Cheryl were the only ones with a score right on the money.

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2..._with_th_2.html

November 07, 2006

Dancing With The Stars Judges Award Three Perfect Scores

For the first time this season, the Dancing with the Stars judges awarded a perfect score. However, they didn’t stop with just one perfect score, but awarded a perfect 30 for three different dances. For the final three performance show, the three remaining couples performed both a ballroom and a Latin dance.

For their first dance, Mario Lopez & Karina Smirnoff danced the Tango. Len Goodman said “I tell you what, that was your best dance ever.” Bruno Tonioli said “That was gutsy, intense, all gift-wrapped with beautiful technique, excellent.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “That might be the best dance I’ve seen this whole season.” Mario & Karina received a score of 30 out of 30 points.

For their second dance, Mario Lopez & Karina Smirnoff danced the Cha-Cha-Cha. Carrie Ann Inaba said “I took a point off at the beginning because of the Michael Jackson thing. I just didn’t think it was…we’re not at the freestyle yet. But I think I gave you a point back because the hot factor on that Cha-Cha was amazing.” Len Goodman said “For me, there was too much popping and break dancing and not enough Cha-Cha-Cha.” Bruno Tonioli said “I think when you’re good, you’re very good, and when you’re bad, you’re even better.” Mario & Karina received a score of 29 out of 30 points.

For their first dance, Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke danced the Waltz. Carrie Ann Inaba said “The chemistry between you is amazing, and you make everybody believe in magic.” Len Goodman said “It was great.” Bruno Tonioli said “Emmitt, you’re turning into an American wonder. It’s like the Grand Canyon, it doesn’t matter how many times you look at it, you’re always amazed.” Emmitt & Cheryl received a score of 29 out of 30 points.

For their second dance, Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burk danced the Cha-Cha-Cha. Bruno Tonioli said “You really have earned you license to thrill.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “Ride, Emmitt, ride.” Len Goodman said “The first dance you did on the first week was the Cha-Cha. I loved it then, I love it ten times more now.” Emmitt & Cheryl received a score of 30 out of 30 points.

For their first dance, Joey Lawrence & Edyta Sliwinska danced the Quickstep. Bruno Tonioli said “Another wonderful tribute to Hollywood’s golden age.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “This is the Quickstep and you broke the hold in the semi-finals.” Len Goodman said “Technically, you did break the hold and that isn’t allowed, but I felt it was still in keeping with the dance.” Joey & Edyta received a score of 29 out of 30 points.

For their second dance, Joey Lawrence & Edyta Sliwinska danced the Rumba. Len Goodman said “I’ve always said you are the ballroom dancer and not so much a Latin dancer. Tonight, you’ve proved me wrong.” Bruno Tonioli said “Well, Joey, finally unbound, turning into a smoldering shape shifter on the floor, the shackles are firmly gone, right to the top.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “Joey, I have to say what an improvement.” Joey & Edyta received a score of 30 out of 30 points.

With the judges awarding all three couples the exact same combined score, it is going to be up to the viewers to break the tie. Our prediction is that Emmitt Smith is definitely safe, but it’s a toss-up as to who is going home between Joey Lawrence and Mario Lopez.

• Members

Emmit should win, hands down. And Cheryl Burke should not be in next season's show if she and Emmit do win. Joey and Mario both peaked weeks ago. I love Mario but he's too damn cocky and so is the little spit-fire he dances with. Joey does well because he has trained as a dancer in his life and his partner, Edyta would make any man look good.

• Members

I love Emmit, he is so genue and real about his dancing and him and Cheryl just click. I love it and I really want him to win. I say Ride Them Emmit. Loved both dances.

I agree with some posters who state that Mario is too cocky in thinking he owns this which if he slips up will be his downfall.

• Members

Well, I am hoping for a final two of Emmit and Joey. I thought Mario was actually the weaker of the three dancers last night. Emmit deserved two 30's and Mario's first dance was not 30 worthy. Joey's dances are just so entertaining and heartfelt.

Since it was a tie from the judges, that means that the viewers will decide. I would not be surprised at all if Mario leaves, but we will have to see. He and his partner just seem too cocky to me - like they are entitled to all of this. Plus, personally, I don't like his partner at all.

• Members

She's too good not to be. I think Cheryl's acquired a lot of fans of her own, myself among them, because she's just that good, she does a great job of teaching her partners and she comes across as a very likeable person. It's not her fault she lucked out two seasons in a row with who the producers chose for her, and nobody knows at the outset how well the celebs are going to perform...I know Emmitt surprised a lot of people. But she can only do so much without the right partner. I mean, if she had Jerry or Tucker, there's no way they'd be in the final three. They come with built-in limitations. :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if the producers did that to her next season...stuck her with someone they figure stands little chance of winning. Personally, I can't believe Cheryl is only 22. I thought she was at least 5 years older. She has a poise and confidence (but not cockiness) you don't usually see in someone that age. She's got the killer combo of great talent, the ability to teach others and high likeability.

I thought some of the scoring last night was fake, too. It felt like a cop-out to me. I thought both Len and Carrie Ann would have been harder with the whole "breaking the hold" thing. Sometimes it felt like the first half of what they said, the criticism, is what they really felt, and the second half was just something they thought of to justify the high scores. I loved Emmitt and Cheryl's dances, although I'm not sure why they scored higher than some of his previous ones, like his samba a few weeks ago. Joey is likeable enough but his performances have done nothing for me this season. He lacks Mario's ease and Emmitt's open warmth. And when I saw Mario's cha-cha, I was like, what cha-cha comes with yet another Michael Jackson imitation?

Archived