Dancing With The Stars: Discussion Thread

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Boy, did I call no elimination last night or what? :P

It was so obvious based on Sara leaving and Willa refusing to return. Idol did it so I figured they would do it and wait to the last second before revealing it because they wanted shock value and people to watch.

Poor Jerry is ready to go home. I love this guy. He wants the right people to move on and I am not sure others would act like he would. Others would want to keep going for exposure but he knows it's his time. Kym and him really enjoy each other.

I was not shocked about Joey. I really think after Jerry goes it will be between Mario and Joey for the final 3. I think Emmitt is a lock with his fanbase (note what happened with Jerry Rice last year and he wasn;t even very good) and Monique has the Disney crowd and she will bring it next week as she has the last few weeks. Joey's performance these past two weeks has been subpar and if he does it again with no Jerry there he is done. Mario's attitude could come into play too as I have talked to many people who are turned off by his cockiness and his partner, me being one of them.

We'll see. It should be interesting. The Sara montage was nice.

• Members
Jean, Mario joked that he was "finally 21" when they presented him with his birthday cake. In next week's TV Guide he says he's 32 (now 33 since his recent b'day), mentioning it in reference to Len's remark about wanting to smack his butt as though he were a child.

Phoenix, oddly enough, I've experienced the opposite in the sense that, while I've been charmed by Jerry and put off by Mario, the ladies I work with who are older than I am have wanted Jerry gone for weeks and they love Mario's dimples. :rolleyes: However, they haven't voted for him because they don't think he needs votes--one of them gave all her votes to Joey because she didn't think he was going to do so well.

What did you all think about Monique's comment that the judges have been harder on the women than on the men? I was thinking sometimes yes, sometimes no. I mean, these judges are all over the place with who they like and their criticisms. They were brutal on Mario and Joey a couple of weeks. It's not just about judging moves and attitudes with them; they are coming out and mentioning specific moves they personally didn't like, it's so subjective. They even argue with one another.

• Members

I think Monique was way too wild and not good at all in her dance so they were too kind to her in my judgement. Like Len said, she was not doing any dance. I hated it. Krumping is not a ballroom dance and why on earth Louis brought in the clown to teach her Krumping is beyond me. She needs to learn control and grace. You may not have noticed, but several times her heels wobbled like she has weak ankles and a spill on the floor wouldn't surprise me at all. She has a lot of training to do to be a ballroom dancer.

• Members

Jean, Monique only did the krumping in the beginning. The rest of the dance was fine but Louis did not choreograph a standard somba. That is why when he got the bad scores from Len and Bruno he said "I will take care of it" to Monique. He tries some different things to make it fresh is my guess. Len said she was not doing what he felt was a somba but he never said she wasn't doing a dance. Whatever the case Louis made it clear he was going to speak with the judges. I wasn't totally in love with her this week either but I do think she and many of the woman have been judged far too harshly and I think the way they ended up last night, with Jerry and Joey in the bottom 2, was the way it should've ended up so I was pleased with it.

• Members

I think the judges were kind to Willa. In fact, when they compared her to Betty Grable is when I really started to pay attention to her. I'm a vintage Grable fan LOL. And she was. I loved her. Maxim said she got loads of film and TV offers and that I do believe. She developed from a hick looking country girl to a fabulously gorgeous, assured woman in front of our eyes in just a few weeks. So, in one respect I think the judges were very fair about her. The others, I really didn't care for anyway. Monique to me is best when she enters her internal zone and her emotions just flow.

LOL and yes, Mario did pull the wool over my eyes. It's just difficult to tell ages, but I did think he had a lot of the male hormone to look so mature heehee.

• Members

I have to say I'm impressed overall with most of the teams this year. There's been a decent number of good dancers. Vivica and Willa danced well. Harry could have been better if he had just loosened up without trying too hard. Joey, Mario, Emmitt and Monique have all done very well. Joey is faltering lately but he has done better and is capable of doing better again. Jerry is in a league of his own, lol, but he has also been a nice and entertaining surprise--Tucker Carlson he ain't.

The remaining rounds should be really interesting! :)

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2..._with_th_8.html

October 24, 2006

Dancing With The Stars – Was Emmitt Smith Robbed By Bruno Tonioli?

With only five couples left on Dancing with the Stars, each coupled danced twice on tonight’s show. Couples were challenged to show their skills in both a ballroom and a Latin dance. In what proved to be one of the best nights of performances ever on Dancing with the Stars, the judges came just one point away from awarding a perfect score for three separate dances.

For their first dance, Jerry Springer and Kym Johnson danced the Fox Trot. Len Goodman said “Most of the time you’ve danced your way, and tonight you danced the correct way.” Bruno Tonioli said “It’s like watching Fred Flintstone turn into Fred Astaire in front of my eyes.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “I think you were lacking a bit of confidence.” Jerry and Kym received a score of 24 out of 30 points.

For their second dance, Jerry Springer and Kym Johnson danced the Mambo. Carrie Ann Inaba said “You’re a joy to watch, but you’re not quite on the same page as everybody else’s level in this competition.” Len Goodman said “You’ve brought so much joy and entertainment to this show. I think you’ve done great.” Bruno Tonioli said “It’s great to watch you. You make us laugh. It’s great to have you.” Jerry and Kym received a score of 22 out of 30 points.

For their first dance, Monique Coleman and Louis Van Amstel danced the Quickstep. Bruno Tonioli said “Stick to the rules, you can do it, that was sheer elegance.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “If you hadn’t stumbled that would have been a ten.” Len Goodman said “It was bright. It was light. It was dynamite. It was really, really good.” Monique and Louis received a score of 27 out of 30 points.

For their second dance, Monique Coleman and Louis Van Amstel danced the Paso Doble. Len Goodman said “Monique, I think you’ve produced two great performances tonight.” Bruno Tonioli said “You were very good tonight.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “It was filled with excitement and risk. You did overpower yourself just a hair at the end.” Monique and Louis received a score of 27 out of 30 points.

For their first dance, Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke danced the Waltz. Carrie Ann Inaba said “I was mesmerized by your footwork.” Len Goodman said “It was a great, great job.” Bruno Tonioli said “On the crest of a wave..smooth, magnetic, elegant..the Lord of the Manor, the Lord of the Manor.” Emmitt and Cheryl received a score of 28 out of 30 points.

For their second dance, Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke danced the Mambo. Bruno Tonioli said “Well Emmitt, the beast is unleashed.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “That was amazing, wonderful, powerful.” Len Goodman said “Of every dance I’ve seen this whole season for me that was the best.” Emmitt and Cheryl received a score of 29 out of 30 points.

For their first dance, Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff danced the Fox Trot. Bruno Tonioli said “That was delicious entertainment.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “That was elegant, charming, and you were very relaxed out there.” Len Goodman said “It’s the first time I’ve seen the Fox Trot without one heeled lead.” Mario and Karina received a score of 29 out of 30 points.

For their second dance, Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff danced the Jive. Carrie Ann Inaba said “You guys were completely in sync.” Len Goodman said “It had vitality. It was fast. It had fun.” Bruno Tonioli said “It was another crowd pleaser from the great teaser, wasn’t it?” Mario and Karina received a score of 27 out of 30 points.

For their first dance, Joey Lawrence and Edyta Sliwinska danced the Fox Trot. Len Goodman said “You are a great ballroom dance. I’ve got to just say though, as with Mario, no heels or balls.” Bruno Tonioli said “I think that was a great tribute to a Hollywood legend.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “That was flawless.” Joey and Edyta received a score of 29 out of 30 points.

For their second dance, Joey Lawrence and Edyta Sliwinska danced the Mambo. Carrie Ann Inaba said “I enjoyed watching it.” Bruno Tonioli said “I loved your turns.” Len Goodman said “Well, I was impressed Joey with your hips, because you really got your hips working.” Joey and Edyta received a score of 28 out of 30 points.

While the judges saw fit to give out three scores of 29, the studio audience seemed to feel that at least one couple deserved a perfect score of 30. After Bruno Tonioli denied Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke a perfect score by awarding them a 9, a chorus of boos rang out from the audience. Host Tom Bergeron even quipped, “And by the way, the big question is which of our low paid staff members gets to start Bruno’s car after the show.”

Archived