Dancing With The Stars: Discussion Thread

• Members

She is fiery hothead and the fact she has done it twice means she gets no sympathy from me, unlike the others who I feel were judged far too harshly. Len went way too far with the 6's.

I also loved how Jerry wants to stay in long enough to learn to waltz for his daughter's wedding. That was so sweet. I also like how he said that after that people should come to their senses and not vote for him because everything hurts :lol: . He really is someone to root for and his comments are funny. I like him so much more then Hamilton because he doesn't overplay the "I am old and can't really do this but will fight it" card. He really does not seem to know how good he really is. He just entertains and does the best job he can and I can appreciate that.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2..._with_th_6.html

September 26, 2006

Dancing With The Stars’ Judges Scold Mario And Joey For Breaking The Rules

For the top nine Dancing with the Stars 3 performance show, the women dance the jive and the men dance the tango. Emmitt Smith dances the tango with Cheryl Burke. Len Goodman says “Emmitt, the tango did to you what no linebacker could, stopped you in your tracks.” Bruno Tonioli says “The rock is starting to crumble tonight, because you lacked your usual charisma.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “I will say this wasn’t your best dance.” Emmitt and Cheryl receive a score of 19 out of 30.

Monique Coleman dances the jive with Louis Van Amstel. Len Goodman says “The heat is on for those other couples.” Bruno Tonioli says “You really raised the bar tonight.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “I loved that you took that risk at the beginning of the number.” Monique and Louis receive a score of 27 out of 30.

Harry Hamlin dances the tango with Ashly DelGrosso. Bruno Tonioli says “You notched the dark and dangerous side very well.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “I really appreciate your hard work.” Len Goodman says “That was great, Harry.” Harry and Ashly receive a score of 22 out of 30 points.

Willa Ford dances the jive with Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Carrie Ann Inaba says “I say 90% of this routine you were spot on, but there was a 10% that you were kind of very unsure on your feet.” Len Goodman says “I liked some of it, and some of it I wasn’t too keen on.” Bruno Tonioli says “It was delicious, my darling.” Willa and Maksim receive a score of 22 out of 30 points.

Jerry Springer dances the tango with Kym Johnson. Bruno Tonioli says “A technical massacre but great fun.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “You wowed us, it was fun, and I think that was your best one so far.” Len Goodman says “I watched your footwork, and it was good.” Jerry and Kym receive a score of 21 out of 30 points.

Sara Evans dances the jive with Tony Dovolani. Carrie Ann Inaba says “I loved it.” Len Goodman says “I liked your whole approach to this dance.” Bruno Tonioli says “The new and improved Sara, glowing and radiant.” Sara and Tony receive a score of 25 out of 30 points.

Mario Lopez dances the tango with Karina Smirnoff. Len Goodman says “Whose idea was it to break the hold right in the middle of the tango? Whose idea was that Mario? I tell you what, you’re off your head. I would have given that a ten, once you did that you finished it for me.” Bruno Tonioli says “That was really the real deal.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “I would appreciate it if you would respect the rules, you might go a little further in this competition.” Mario and Karina receive a score of 22 out of 30 points.

Vivica A. Fox dances the jive with Nick Kosovich. Bruno Tonioli says “The drama queen of the night.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “You’re a diva.” Len Goodman says “Well, I was wondering Vivica what the “A” stood for. I’ve decided it stands for animal, attack, aggression, atmosphere, and it made me very happy.” Vivica and Nick receive a score of 27 out of 30 points.

Joey Lawrence dances the tango with Edyta Sliwinska. Bruno Tonioli says “You really put so much energy into this, it’s quite incredible, but are you stating to do a Mario. What about the lifts?” Carrie Ann Inaba says “Last week you were fabulous, this week once again you were fabulous.” Len Goodman says “You’re doing handstands, you’re doing back flips, it is terrible, don’t do it.” Joey and Edyta receive a score of 22 out of 30 points.

The judges were harsh on Mario Lopez and Joey Lawrence for not following the rules in dancing the tango. Will viewers also punish Mario and Joey in the vote? Or will the judges’ comments actually garner a sympathy vote for Mario and Joey? Regardless, they should be safe based on the fan base they have built up through past performances. Even though Emmitt Smith had an off night, he is also likely safe for the same reason. Sara Evans and Vivica A. Fox had the two best performances of the night and should be safe as well. We predict that Willa Ford will be going home. She wasn’t the worst performance of the night, but based on her previous trips to the bottom group, she doesn’t have the fan base to keep her in the competition.

• Members

also loved how Jerry wants to stay in long enough to learn to waltz for his daughter's wedding. That was so sweet. I also like how he said that after that people should come to their senses and not vote for him because everything hurts. He really is someone to root for and his comments are funny. I like him so much more then Hamilton because he doesn't overplay the "I am old and can't really do this but will fight it" card. He really does not seem to know how good he really is. He just entertains and does the best job he can and I can appreciate that.

:lol::lol: ITA!

• Members

DAMN. I am pretty surprised at the bottom two. Somewhat, not a whole lot.

I was hoping Mario would go. I absolutely hate his smug attitude like his [!@#$%^&*] doesn't stink. Newsflash -- it does! I went into this rooting for him but now I don't like him very much.

Vivica needs to lose the attitude as well.

• Members

Sorry. I hate Mario. I don't like smug people who think their [!@#$%^&*] don't stink. But hey, break the rules and the fans keep you ... way to go.

I'm not totally surprised or upset Harry was eliminated. It was a little out of the blue I guess. I felt so bad for Ashly. Why can't they ever give her a good partner? Three seasons in a row stuck with a dead lump of clay.

If Mario wins -- I'll stop watching. Seriously. I hope Joey or Monique win.

• Members

Well, Willa and Sara were among the next I thought would go so when they were among the first teams saved, I was surprised. I never heard of Sara so I have no clue how big her fanbase is but the judges gushed about her jive and she said what I said last night about her being in her comfort zone. She didn't take chances; she went for the familiar. That's why she was better at it than at the other dances. I was totally surprised about Willa. I'd be curious to know the demographics of her voting base. :lol:

Who did Ashley have in Season One? Now am I crazy or did not Lisa Rinna say something last season to the effect that part of the reason she wanted to learn to dance was because Harry danced and she wanted to keep up with him? I remember a remark like that because that's when I first told myself he would be on a future season. I thought he would be one of the better ones and he was so stiff.

I think Jerry totally expected to be gone tonight. I was a little surprised at him being lower than Willa. I thought his fanbase would help him surpass her.

• Members

Wow I am stunned. I agree with Krypton-I hate Mario and Vivica's attitude. Mario and his partner broke the rules two weeks in a row. I hope one of them goes next because they annoy me despite their obvious talent but everything else overshadows that for me.

I don't even think Jerry should've been in the bottom. I actually think Willa and probably Harry with Willa going. I am surprised Jerry dropped into the bottom two this early.

I feel bad for Harry. He was still and boring at times but he tried and Ashly was so happy she had someone that actually tried. They grew very close and I rooted for them because of Ashly and because of Lisa Rinna getting screwed over last year. She annoys me but she did got screwed last year. Poor Ashly-she said that Harry worked so hard and that him and Lisa made her part of the family :( .

I am hoping next week is Vivica or Mario but it will probably be Willa or Jerry. Who knows-there is so much talent and it is so unpredictable this year.

Archived