Dancing With The Stars: Discussion Thread

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh fan me LOL. Joey and Edyta were so hot. They looked gorgeous and had such chemistry and fun, actually joy in their dancing. I loved it and wish this was the week I taped the show. All of the contenders picked up from last week with Monica being most improved in my judgement. She was adorable and really performed her dance, with chemistry (which was so lacking last week). I love Jerry. He is a skillful dancer and looks very eloquent on the dance floor and his partner is a perfect compliment to him. What a cutie and true champion. Weren't all the ladies lovely? All the men were, too.

• Members

Monique stepped it up. Her performance was pretty good. I laughed when I saw her Disney Channel friends in the audience.

I didnt get what was so special about Shana's performance. It seemed slow and boring. And what was up with using a Kriss Kross song? BTW, the week before this series started, I saw Jesse, her partner on Elimidate. He was there for a whole week and picking the girls based on their dancing skills.

I also didnt think Joey was all that. He was good, but I didnt see the two 10s in the performance.

I love Mario and thought he did pretty good but that was not a quick step. It was too slow and definetly not what they were looking for

• Members

Vivica - awesome.

Mario - good.

Shana - awful.

Willa - there's something....forgettable about her.

Emmit - awesome.

Jerry - cute.

Sarah Evans - I thought she was awful again, but I think she'll stay in because country fans are vocal and rabid and they never get a chance at the spot light like this.

• Members

Vivica, Joey and Shanna got more praise than they deserved, IMO. All three were great last week ... this week, I don't know. Just ... the dance didn't fit them. Something about Vivica just ... bugs me. Although, Shanna did do well, looking back on it.

Sara was better this week but still missing something. I love her and think she'll stay in, but meh.

YES! Mike! Thank you. Willa's hot as hell but there IS something forgettable about her.

Emmitt was good this week but last week was better. He's safe though. He'll be final four, easily.

Mario was great. I can't believe the judges.

Jerry's was fun to watch. I can't believe I'm actually rooting for him when I dreaded he would be on it to begin with.

Harry improved, a lot, but he still looks awkward. I have no clue who's going tonight. I'm going to guess Willa or Shanna, just due to their little fanbases compared to the rest. I feel bad because it's probably going to be Willa and she kinda doesn't deserve to go. I'll miss seeing Jesse though, lol.

Edit:

Oops, forgot about Monique! She ROCKED it last night. Wow. Dark-horse to win right here ...

• Members

I thought Mario, Monique and Joey were in the top 3.

Loved Mario's number, but can understand why the judges rated it lower. Monique was on FIRE last night! And Joey really had fun with his dance. Not sure it rated two 10's, but it was still great.

Can't wait to see who is bottom 3 and who goes home. I'm hoping it's not Harry or Shanna....I think they'll keep improving the most the longer they're on.

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2..._with_th_4.html

September 19, 2006

Dancing With The Stars – Joey Lawrence Near Perfection

For the top ten Dancing With The Stars 3 performance show, the women dance the Mambo and the men dance the Quickstep. In the Mambo, the judges expect clever arm movements, fast steps, rhythmic hip action, and body rocks. In the Quickstep, the judges expect synchronized trick steps, the Charleston, Chasse, and powerful runs.

Willa Ford dances the Mambo with Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Len Goodman says “That was fantastic.” Bruno Tonioli says “You’re almost to hot to handle, aren’t you.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “Sometimes it felt like you were dancing out of control and got a little ahead of the music.” Willa and Maksim receive a score of 23 out of 30 points.

Harry Hamlin dances the Quickstep with Ashly DelGrosso. Bruno Tonioli says “You’re coming out of the shell.” Len Goodman says “It was a great performance.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “This week you showed us you’ve got what it takes.” Harry and Ashly receive a score of 21 out of 30 points.

Monique Coleman dances the Mambo with Louis Van Amstel. Carrie Ann Inaba says “Not only did you have chemistry, you has charisma and the choreography was fantastic.” Len Goodman says “It was absolutely knockout.” Bruno Tonioli says “You’re bringing sexy back big time.” Monique and Louis receive a score of 26 out of 30 points.

Mario Lopez dances the Quickstep with Karina Smirnoff. Bruno Tonioli says “This was the quickstep gone berserk.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “Do the quickstep.” Len Goodman says “It wasn’t the quickstep at all.” Mario and Karina receive a score of 21 out of 30 points.

Shanna Moakler dances the Mambo with Jesse DeSoto. Len Goodman says “That was much, much better.” Bruno Tonioli says “The ice is starting to melt and you’re blossoming into the beauty you really are.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “That was a good solid Mambo.” Shanna and Jesse receive a score of 22 out of 30 points.

Jerry Springer dances the Quickstep with Kym Johnson. Despite an injury to her knee, Kym manages to persevere. Bruno Tonioli says “How can you not enjoy what you do? I have to give you credit” Carrie Ann Inaba says “The teamwork you showcased in that piece was excellent.” Len Goodman says “That was fun, fun, fun.” Jerry and Kym receive a score of 19 out of 30 points.

Vivica A. Fox dances the Mambo with Nick Kosovich. Len Goodman says “It was a bit like a pizza….the top half was hot and spicy, but your leg action was a little bit doughy.” Bruno Tonioli says “You showed this little young girl how to do sexy and you did it very well.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “You worked it, you brought it to the floor.” Vivica and Nick receive a score of 24 out of 30 points.

Joey Lawrence dances the Quickstep with Edyta Sliwinska. Carrie Ann Inaba says “You were amazing.” Len Goodman says “That was without doubt for me the performance of the night.” Bruno Tonioli says “That was worthy of the golden age of Hollywood.” Joey and Edyta receive a score of 29 out of 30 points.

Sara Evans dances the Mambo with Tony Dovolani. Len Goodman says “It was much, much better than last week.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “I thought it was a very nice, safe Mambo.” Bruno Tonioli says “This is the Sara I wanted to see.” Sare and Tony receive a score of 21 out of 30 points.

Emmitt Smith dances the Quickstep with Cheryl Burke. Bruno Tonioli says “It was absolutely delightful.” Carrie Ann Inaba says “I hope you don’t take this the wrong way. Would you mind if I called you twinkle toes?” Len Goodman says “I don’t think this was quite as good as your Cha Cha last week, but it was still a great performance.” Emmitt and Cheryl receive a score of 24 out of 30 points.

Emmitt Smith once again proved that he is almost certainly bound for the finals of the competition, but it was Joey Lawrence who was near perfection this week. Joey and Edyta were only one point shy of a perfect score from the judges. Even though the judges scored Jerry Springer at the bottom, his performance was entertaining enough that he should be safe. We predict that Shanna Moakler will be going home this week. She wasn’t the worst dancer, but she was in the bottom three last week, and her performance this week probably wasn’t enough to keep her in the competition.

I would have given Joey three 10's. He was perfect and besides that, had a lot of fun with it.

Shanna will be the one to go if she doesn't have a huge fan base.

After last week, I wasn't expecting much from Willa, but this week, she became a person of interest. She is one drop-dead gorgeous girl but she is inhibited in her expressions. If her partner can get her to loosen up and feel good about flaunting herself, she should come out well.

Archived