Dancing With The Stars: Discussion Thread

• Members

Here's a better description of each celebrity and their partners.

Hosted by Tom Bergeron (“Americas Funniest Home Videos”) and co-hosted by Samantha Harris (E! Entertainment), the new season brings an exciting lineup of even more celebrities than before. The 11 couples heading to the dance floor this season are:

TUCKER CARLSON – MSNBC news anchor -- and often controversial -- conservative political TV pundit and columnist. He will be partnered with professional dancer Elena Grinenko, who makes her series debut this season.

MONIQUE COLEMAN – Actress and teen idol from Disney Channel’s smash hit “High School Musical.” She will be partnered with professional dancer Louis Van Amstel, who returns for his third season. Van Amstel danced with Lisa Rinna and Trista Sutter in previous seasons.

SARA EVANS – Country Music Award-winning and top-selling singing sensation. Sara will dance with Tony Dovolani, who partnered with Stacy Keibler in the second season.

WILLA FORD – Singing sensation and self-professed “bad girl of pop.” Professional dancer Maxsim Chmerkovskiy, who teamed up with Tia Carrere last season, will be her professional dance partner.

VIVICA A. FOX – Stunning film and television actress/producer who has starred in several major blockbusters including “Kill Bill” and “Independence Day.” She will be partnered with professional dancer Nick Kosovich, who returns for his second season. He was previously paired with Tatum O’Neal.

HARRY HAMLIN – Film and TV star of the hit, award-winning drama series “L.A. Law” and husband of “Dancing with the Stars” alumna Lisa Rinna. Professional dancer Ashly Delgrosso returns to the series for her third season. She was previously paired with Master P and Joey McIntyre.

JOE LAWRENCE – Actor and former teen heartthrob. Professional dancer Edyta Sliwinska, who returns for her third season, will be his partner. She previously partnered with George Hamilton and Evander Holyfield.

MARIO LOPEZ – Actor and TV host. He will be partnered with professional dancer Karina Smirnoff, who makes her series debut.

SHANNA MOAKLER – National beauty queen, actress, model and reality television star. Professional dancer Jesse DeSoto joins the cast for the first time this season as her partner.

EMMITT SMITH – An NFL legend and three-time Super Bowl champion who holds the world’s all-time leading rushing record and is considered one of the greatest football players to ever play the game. He will be partnered with “Dancing with the Stars” season two professional dance champion, Cheryl Burke.

JERRY SPRINGER – Notorious TV talk show host of “The Jerry Springer Show,” talk radio broadcaster and politician. He will be partnered with Australian beauty, professional dancer Kym Johnson, who makes her series debut this season. Kym was the champion of the Australian “Dancing with the Stars.”

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know! I love this cast already... lol.

I think Mario will go far. Isn't he an accomplished dancer?

Jerry Springer better be damn good or he's probably out first, IMO.

Gooooo Harry Hamlin! I hope he's finally the partner Ashly deserves. I would love for her to finally win. She's so hot.

I'm all for Vivica too!

I'm familiar with Tucker, too. So... a great cast.

• Members

Wow! This is a great cast! Dancing With the Stars always picked a good, diverse group of people and not a sea of famewhores. It's one of the classier reality shows. I hope this season is as good as the showstopping second season.

I'd love to see the british version as well!

• Members

Wow. I thought Emmit Smith was white. LOL.

Yeah, Mario will probably be very good - especially with the Latin dances.

Also, I so agree about Ashley! She's finally got a great partner. I know a lot of people liked Joey, but I wasn't a fan.

• Members

So is Joey Lawrence now "Joe" Lawrence? Sorry, but he'll always be Joey to me! :rolleyes:

The rest of the cast looks pretty good. I hope Emmitt Smith does well, because I ADORE Cheryl Burke and would love to see her win back-to-back! :D

• Members

This sounds like a very interesting lineup for the new season. Thanks for the lists and pictures. I think Vivica A. Fox has dance training, too, not certain though. She has a dance scene in ID4. Others I want to watch are Joe Lawrence, Harry Hamlin, Emmitt Smith (is he another Jerry Rice?), Mario Lopez (bet he's hot) and Sara Evans. All the professional dancers are a sight to behold LOL.

Archived