Dancing With The Stars: Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, I am sad as Shauna seemed nice but she wasn't great. She was decent but I did not get the judges praise of her on Tuesday. I think Willa is out next as it seems she has no fanbase whatsoever.

Monique is the dark horse-that girl was on fire this week. Joey I thought was amazing.

I liked Mario but I did wonder what he was doing as it looked nothing like what the other men were doing with their quicksteps. Then I thought he must be doing it differently and then the judges said he deviated from the quickstep and it made sense. I think Mario is great but if he is afraid of anything but latin dance (and he seemed to "latinize" the quickstep) then he is in trouble. I think he could win this thing if he performs to potential.

Emmit and Jerry are great and I like Harry this week too since he had personality. Lisa Rinna does need to shutup though.

Vivica needs to go. She is nothing special and I don't like the attitiude. I want her gone next but I think it will be Willa and then from there it is all about fanbases and who can perform well to add on to their fanbase.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My faves this week were Joey, Vivica, Monique. I think Willa, Harry & Sara all improved. Emmitt was over-rated this week IMHO, good, but worse than last week. Mario was good but was stupid for trying to much splash and not enough quickstep IMHO. Not sad that Shanna was let go, she was very slow. Sara's also very slow. Jerry Springer should've gone IMHO.

Also is anyone else hating the singers on the show as much as I am. Most of their versions of songs are either bland, pitiful or laughable (the Kris Kriss "Jump" number with a woman singing was horible). They need to fire these non-talents and just use the real versions of songs. This is irritating me so much, that I think I might just quit watching because of it (next season, since I'm hooked on this season sorta).

• Members

I wanted Willa to go and think she will be next. Jerry is a fun person and really nice man with a large fan base but I think he will go after Willa if Sara doesn't fall down next week. Sara was improved but she is not a dancer. Jerry is a dancer. Vivica is not a dancer either, in my opinion. She is a determined woman though. My call for the top three: Mario, Joey and Emmitt...unless little Monique keeps on blowing our socks off.

• Members
Yeah, I'm not feeling all the Viveca-love either. She annoys me with the faces she makes when the camera shows she'll be up soon/next.

I watched the first 50 minutes of ANTM and then switched to DWTS for the last 10 minutes to see who got the boot....I really didn't have any interest in watching all the professional dancers dance together. If they want to get people to watch, they need some good singers to come in and perform. IMO.

It's too bad Shanna got the boot. I thought she was much better than last week. I think she would have kept getting better. But she really doesn't have much of a fan base, and whoever liked her before for being married to Travis Barker probably doesn't now because of their messy split/divorce.

• Members
ME! The live music is always slower than the original versions of the song. I might be expecting something fast and catchy but its slow and it just makes the performance awkard. The dance almost feels like its too fast for the music. I would like to know who thought it was a good idea to do the Jive to "Rebel Yell" or the mambo to "Jump"? Whoever that is needs to be sent home next!

I think Willa will be the next to go. What on earth was her marketing stategy declaring herself the bad girl of Pop for a one hit wonder? I like Monique but I think she needs to work on her facial expressions. Jerry is funny but I think he could be a better dancer than trying to follow in the footsteps of George Hamilton and hamming it up. I think Joey, Mario and Emmitt will be the final three. And I think it will come down to who has the best choregraphy.(um hello Stacy "I think I will do a bad imitation of Satrday Night Fever" Keibler)

• Members

Cheryl and Louis were my favorite pros from last season. I do think Cheryl does a great job of teaching her partners and making them look good. Emmitt's doing fine but he's not Drew. I think dancing-wise, he falls into the average range, leaning towards high average. I think, unless he kicks it up a notch, his football fanbase will propel them into the top 3 or 4, and probably Cheryl's fame from last season and her likeability will be factors as well with the audience. Louis is like the male Cheryl to me. Very good and also very likeable. Monique's facial expressions from the first show kind of annoyed me but she did much better the second round.

Jerry's not as bad I thought he would be. Given that, and his fanbase and his personality clicking with the audience, I think he'll be around for at least half the competition, unless folks get tired of him before then.

Harry was stiff the first round and looked artificial the second. He was trying so hard not to be stiff he looked like an over-medicated mannequin. Didn't Lisa say last season that he liked to dance?

Sara is a snooze. She's too slow and self-conscious. Viveca is average and I don't see her making it to the top 3.

I think most of the viewers, including myself, had never heard of either Willa or Shanna and they looked so much alike and their performances average that neither of them stood out.

Joey did well. It's funny the judges mentioned old movie dancers like Gene Kelly. I kept thinking of Yul Brynner in "The King and I."

Maybe it's just me but with the exception of Louis, I find the male pro dancers aloof and kind of cold. I'm wondering if other viewers see them that way.

Right now my guesses to get into the top 4 would be Cheryl/Emmitt, Joey/Edyta, Mario/whatsername and Monique/Louie.

I wish they'd put the winning team of kids from "Mad Hot Ballroom" dancing on one of the results shows. They were good and the audience would fall in love with them.

Archived