September 26-30, 2005

Toups

• Members

These ratings get more and more bleak it seems like :( Man, ATWT should be much higher but that's nothing new.

I know there were many pre-emptions & interruptions last week for us in L.A. w/ the wildfires (CBSd on Weds for example was completely pre-empted and shown in the middle of the night) and I think the Roberts confirmation, etc. But regardless, these ratings overall just suck.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Being a guy, it is refreshing to see that we do count as viewers. Days was actually really good that week and I too thought it would do better. I watched DAYS, B&B, PASSIONS, and GH that week. I'm watching so much TV lately from daytime to primetime; I feel like the biggest loeser LOL!

• Members

Nice to actually see AMC have a decent week. I know 2.5 is far from decent but compared to what it has had since June I think jumping 168,000 viewers is a good thing. And a 2.8 on Monday that is huge for amc but it quickly leveled off. I am seeing improvement and I think the fall is gonna be alot better than what we had in the summer. I am forever always the most optimisitc AMC viewer lol.

• Members

Someone in this thread mentioned that DOOL and Passions need to be significantly improved in light of their low household ratings. While I certainly agree that DOOL and Passions' need major improvement, I am certain that such improvements will not take place, since these are the top two soaps in the women 18-34 category. (It really doesn't matter how low a rating DOOL and Passions get in the households, since NBC does not care about that category.)

• Members

Well IMO DAYS is on the road of recovery as we speak, the show has been oustanding for the last 2 months.

PASSIONS on the other hand has been pretty lame, but maybe this "red" storyline and Luis's return will prop up the ratings.

IMO, DAYS is doing fine in the ratings, not great, but definetly ok:

-#3 in Total Viewers

-#4 in Households

-#1 in 18-34 Demos

-#1 in 18-49 Demos

-#1 in 18-49 Total Viewers

-#3 in Male Viewers

Thos are nothing to scoff at!

• Members

I'm just shocked that GH does so bad in Men 18+ Demo, it seems to be the only gender they cater to. Poor GL, starts the week off with strong numbers, and finishes them with such low numbers.

Days and ATWT have been great, I hope those two continue to rise in the ratings.

• Members

Sure they are. Days ratings haven't really improved. It's that ABC has been in a freefall. Days is still only pulling in a 2.6 which isn't far from their all time low. The show has picked up the pace, and stopped the flashbacks, but that's it. The stories still drag, storylines and dialogue are still bad, while the repitition never stops. I also think TIIC think like you, and that's why the show won't improve or gain viewers. Why change anything if we are still #1 in this demo group, or that one? Who cares if we only have a 2.6 when we had 2.9 or 3.0 a year ago, or 3.8 5 years ago? I think it's a big reason soaps are a dying genre. The people who run them just don't give a [!@#$%^&*] and it shows.

Seriously. If Corday gave a [!@#$%^&*], do you really believe that Reilly would still be there? I don't. Reilly would've been out on his ass a year ago.

That said, I am surprised that the ratings didn't rise. I don't like Austin, but I thought his return would give a boost. Hope they didn't pay a lot to get him back. Belle also gave birth and they announced the name of the baby. Guess people just weren't interested.

Archived