Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He is an American politician who ran for president in '08 and was a vice presidential candidate in '04. He had an affair while his wife was terminally ill and fathered a child with his mistress. He was indicted Friday for illegally using campaign funds to financially support the mistress and keep her quiet. Anyway, there was a special report about his indictment that interrupted GH for a few minutes on Friday's episode here in the States.

Edited by Linnierose

• Members

This I will never get about American political interests - who gives a f*ck who they f*ck? The right wing in your country is obsessed with bedroom antics. But you recently had a president who lied to the world, invaded other countries using that lie, and killd countless thousands of Americans and others while lining the pockets of his oil buddies, but NO ONE thinks he deserves to be investigated? Backwards IMO. The neo-cons have used political money for a lot worse, why aren't they called on it? We are investigating them up here on a regular basis and KNOW we haven't even scratched the surface of misappropriation. But when a politician is having an affair….. actualy we don't care. We never know when a politician has had an affair…. Except a Trudeau, then someone writes a book about it.

• Members

Remos, I believe they're investigating John Edwards because they think he used GOVERNMENT money to pay for his affair. Hotel rooms and such. And obviously that's not what it's supposed to be used towards.

But I could be wrong, I feel embarrassed to say I haven't really kept up with it. Normally I watch the news everyday, but I've been so busy this week, I'll have to read up later.

• Members

Remos, I believe they're investigating John Edwards because they think he used GOVERNMENT money to pay for his affair. Hotel rooms and such. And obviously that's not what it's supposed to be used towards.

But I could be wrong, I feel embarrassed to say I haven't really kept up with it. Normally I watch the news everyday, but I've been so busy this week, I'll have to read up later.

• Members

that simply GH person on youtube said she would try to reupload the clips without the news break. I'm so anal about clipping...I want them all! LOL

Looks like a big ethina couple of weeks coming up. Spencer stuff but unfortunately no tracy included.

LnL house set on fire. Guess lucky loves that house about as much as Luke.

• Members

I'm SO pissed about that. First they burn down he Webber/Scorpio house that's been a part of this show for DECADES, now they're doing the same with the LnL house? Maybe LnL are over, but there's been a LOT of history in that house. And not just with LnL.

• Members

But Baby Boy, that house hasn't really been used. It was GV/Lucky's house - it hasn't been JJ/Lucky's house since he grew up. In fact that set was retired and changed to SB ages ago (and only resurrected with the ill-conceived "Laura wakes up" thing in '06). We also don't know if the whole house is going or if it's just Lucky's reaction. The loss of the Webber/Scorpio house was plain stupid and a useless plot-point, but if Lucky is setting fire to the LnL house as a statement or protest, I want to see what happens and what he's trying to do. This entire story seems to be Lucky trying to still wrestle with the Spencer family the way it is vs. the way he wants it to be.

• Members

I suppose you're right. It just still twinges a little bit for me. I have a lot of memories of the house, such as Liz going back to it after the rape. And I even fondly remember Lesley raising Luly there. And all the holidays, and everything. So even though it hasn't been in use, it was still "there" so now I'm left a little sad because it reminds me of a better GH.

You're right about the Webber/Scorpio house. That didn't advance the story at all. It was just a plot point that destroyed history. They could have easily set fire to the house without completely having it burn down. There were a lot of "memories" in that house, from the Webbers, Scorpios (Georgie :(), etc. and burning it down was just an F U.

• Members

I just read a little more about it. Apparently, he was using campaign donations he received from wealthy donors to support his mistress and keep her in hiding. Hotels, travel expenses, etc. He also filed false paperwork with the Federal Elections Commission deatailing his campaign funds. It wasn't the government's money. It was that he was misusing the funds he was receiving from donors.

Remos, I think, in the U.S., the reason these affairs get so much publicity is that fact that most of these politicians run on family values platforms. It is a breaking of the public's trust when these individuals are proven to be nothing more than power-hungry hypocrites.