B&B: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@janea4old + @Soapsuds B&B will treat it the same way as Thomas + C2. No way that was consent under the law, but it somehow didn't matter.

Since B&B average viewer is almost 70, I suppose it's not as offensive to them as younger generation. Consent wasn't recognized as a *thing* back in the day. Fortunately, times have changed.

• Members

So watching the episode now.

Zende but it was consensual ...Luna yes it was....

No Luna you were impaired to make a clear choice. It wasn't consensual. Zende should've known you were impaired by your behavior.

Luna bashing her mother and blaming her is so wrong. 

I'd like to hear your thoughts. I won't bash or judge you. I'd hope no one else would to. I'm sure others are interested in your opinion.

I might have come on strong to @ranger1rg but that wasn't my attention. I apologize to him if I did.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

The story with Brooke and Ridge was even worse than this, because Brooke, who was taking some medication at the time, actually said no and told Ridge to leave but he didn't listen and had sex with her anyway. And yet they still didn't call it rape....  

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

I love that Brad Bell acts like that was such brilliant nuanced writing the way he left it open to interpretation. 

Please register in order to view this content

Damn, Logan was grilling him as if he were a politician. He even referenced California law. Impressive.

And this part is why they wrote that stupid line about "if you ever change your mind, come to my room" or whatever it was... so that Zende could say "oh, I thought you were just taking me up on my offer" instead of thinking she was intoxicated.

He knew that she has rejected him every other time, including that same evening. He knew she was just at a party where alcohol had been served. He didn't know about the mints, but come on. Brad thinks he's written this genius storyline where no one is at fault. Please.

• Members

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/carolyn-hinseys-its-only-my-opinion-1736027/?utm_campaign=true_anthem_soapoperadigest&utm_content=new_content&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3Uvt-HDCMqMVq59Z3nhE4psRyC4pyR3wlGSKT-wAgESMPSVAkCMvY-tkg

Which brings us to B&B and the tale of the magic mints that make you have sex with your boyfriend’s cousin. Assuming we buy the fact that there are mints that made Luna so out of it she stumbled into Zende’s bedroom by accident and hallucinated R.J. while having sex with Zende, what kind of story is this for the only young couple on the show? And how can they do sweet, adopted, hard-working Zende Forrester like that?

Zende (to a sobbing Luna): “You do know that what we shared was consensual?”

Not to her. Luna relayed the whole sordid tale to her mother who confessed that the mints she takes for “anxiety” — which Luna stole from her — were what lead to Luna mistaking a tall Black man for her stocky white boyfriend.

Luna: “Oh my God, I got drugged by my own mother!”

I can’t with this story, so let’s focus on how Li turned out to be right about her sister. I thought Finn’s mom had just become a nagging harpy, jealous of Poppy dating Bill Spencer, but then this:

Li: “You’ve had a parade of lovers, all very handsome and all very rich. Bill might be the jackpot. You say you’re carefree. Is that a euphemism for taking drugs? Your mints. I know about them. I see you reaching into your purse for your little stash. I’m a doctor. You can’t hide from me.”

So Poppy is a careless mother and Luna is a careless sex-haver and these promising new characters have now been undone by a box of mints.

Let’s give the last word to R.J., who brought the heat to his mother re: introducing Luna to the Forresters with their loooong history of impropriety.

R.J.: “I want to protect Luna from the drama.”

Brooke (sarcastic): “Our family? Drama?”

R.J.: “I come from two lines of constant public scandal.”

Brace yourself for some REAL scandal, son…

• Members

It's *legally* rape in California.

the accused is guilty of rape if engaging in an act of sexual intercourse where the other person is prevented from resisting by any intoxicating or anesthetic substance, or any controlled substance, and this condition was known, or reasonably should have been known, by the accused.
California Penal Code § 261(a)(3)
https://california.public.law/codes/ca_penal_code_section_261

Edited by janea4old

• Members

No reason to apologize, Soapsuds. I wasn't offended. I realize people disagree on this -- what happened between Zenda and Luna and what to call it.

As I've said repeatedly, I think this story is horribly written, and it ruins multiple characters. It's an embarrassing story to tell, and it's told embarrassingly. It's a disaster.

What it isn't is rape.

Rape is so foul, so egregious, so wrong, and the word cannot be used without context and explanation. I cannot imagine being in favor of charging Zende with rape for what took place. Do I know what to call it? Yeah -- a terrible story in need of explanation. What it isn't is rape.

There are enough holes in that sentence to make a defense team very happy.

Are you seriously in favor of charging Zende with rape??? For what we saw and heard???

I'm sorry, but I'm not.

• Members

Rape is not *only* an act of physical force, that's the old idea.

It's an act committed without the conscious aware consent of both parties.
If one party is aware that the other is unaware and goes ahead anyhow, then it's not legal consent.  Without legal consent, it's rape.

Edited by janea4old