B&B: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am sorry this Zende/Luna storyline has triggered any rape survivor, and I am sorry if my comments triggered any rape survivor.

Let me be clear, though: I have NEVER sympathized with a rapist. I have NEVER sided with a rapist.

I have -- multiple times -- talked about how awful this storyline is, how horribly it's written, how terrible it is in every respect. I cannot condemn it more harshly.

If posters here want to call what Zende did a rape and call him a rapist, fine. I disagree. I realize I am out on a limb by myself and that no one has spoken up to agree with me. That could mean that everyone on this board thinks I'm clueless, or it could mean that others who understand my point of view/agree with me just don't want to get involved in what's become a mess.

I have to ask: Based on what we've seen and heard, if this went to trial, would you want Zende to be guilty of rape? Would you want him jailed as a rapist? Because if you don't -- and I don't --you see that this is not a black-and-white situation. You see there's a lot of gray here. A LOT.

Rape is about power and control and violence and domination. At no point can those words be applied to Zende. And that's why I cannot call this a rape.

Part of the reason I'm so disgusted with BOLD is that they wrote this story -- purposefully -- to have all that gray area. They wanted the sex to happen while having no one "responsible." They gave us awful plot to accomplish an end.

• Members

Soapsuds, I think we have a lot in common, and you make me laugh more than anyone here.

However, I'll be honest: just telling me I'm "uninformed" and that "it is" a rape doesn't respond to anything.

I am always willing to learn and even be lectured to, but just telling me I'm wrong doesn't cut it. I tried to write a sincere, thoughtful, respectful post that explained my point of view. I was hoping that others would take me seriously in return.

• Members

If I was a juror I'd vote for guilty of rape by what is stated by law.

Since Zende is a famous designer and never committed a crime......He would probably get a long probation with community service and counseling classes. I say no prison since Luna would probably blame her mother and not want Zende locked up.

Bradley may want to gray it but if you read the law for rape it was.

Luna was wasted and Zende should've known it. There were signs in her behavior that night. Even if she hadn't taken the drug but drunk it is still rape by law.

With that I'm done discussing the topic and shouldn't have watched B&B in the first place. I'm dropping it again. This soap is not worth chatting about when its so poorly written.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I just want to say one thing. It is not at all uncommon for soap fans to discuss specific rapes when there is no question of there being a winnable legal case. Rape is an issue that stands on its own, with or without someone being charged, accused, indicted, found guilty, sentenced, etc. Rape is not only a legal issue. It is also a moral issue & a philosophical one, to boot. If the victim cannot give informed consent, it IS rape. There is no need for any further question or discussion about whether it is or not. By definition, it is. Any other situational aspects can of course be discussed. But not that one question. 

@ranger1rg you & I know each other. Does what I am saying make any kind of sense to you at all? 

Anyway, if this helps, good, and if not, just ignore me. 

• Members

This is exactly what happened to me by the way. I was not drugged. I was just very drunk and the person decided that they should violate me, when I am not in the form to say NO. This happens to a lot of people. And let me say... something I have never said on the internet - IT TOOK ME YEARS to UNDERSTAND what had happened to me. To completely understand I was raped. Back then I played it off like Luna... and tried to judge myself and tell myself - I shouldn't have drank at all. That's what A LOT OF VICTIMS DO.

And it is a rape, 100 percent. To say it isn't is as you say... in the most light way to put it - uninformed. And I want to suggest something to people who are stating this is not a rape - respect our opinion and the law's opinion - something very important was published couple of pages ago and should have ENDED this triggering discussion...

And don't continue to ask question after question after question. Why and why and why is he a rapist... This is how a rape-apologists operate and I don't think anyone here is one. AT LEAST I HOPE SO. RAPE APOLOGISTS start asking questions and repeat and repeat and they are never satisfied with WHY IT IS A RAPE. And they always say things like - IT'S gray... or there are details that need to be taken in. I am not saying anyone here is a rape apologist, but I AGREE that they are HARDCORE uninformed.

As Donna said it  -  there is no question if this is a RAPE. It was. IN THE LAW'S EYES IT IS. I actually did my part and called a friend of mine who is an attorney and told him the exact situation - HE CONFIRMED - IT IS A RAPE. 

And the whole trial question... and putting us on the spot to decide what we would choose if we were a jury... I am sorry, but YOU CAN'T ASK THESE QUESTIONS at this point. At least NOT TO ME. I have never agreed to comment whether a person like Zende should get a life sentence or 2 years or nothing at all. I am not going that route, because it's irresponsible... at least that's what I THINK.

We are not a jury and we are not a judge and we don't have all the information to give a verdict in a trial. BUT WE CAN STATE THAT A RAPE IS A RAPE.

And people shouldn't be afraid to speak up. I had people in my PMs supporting my point of view, but telling me they don't want to write it here... because they don't want to be asked questions WHY THEY think this... AND DEFEND their point of view.

OUR POINT OF VIEW, watching A SOAP OPERA is that THIS WAS A RAPE. DISGUSTING, VILE RAPE. The continuation of this conversation in this matter of repeating the same thing every day... is probably going to trigger some victims, myself included.

Edited by Althea Davis

• Members

Thank you. I have had different therapists (mostly because I had a horrible childhood) through the years. I think it forever changed the way I trust people. Now I'm okay with mostly everything... other than when people deny an obvious rape... that's when I really start to feel anxious.

TRIGGER WARNING

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Althea Davis