B&B: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

With now pretty much all quality writers one by one leaving Bold... who is going to write this drivel? Who is going to write about Sheila's toe and mints and Eric maybe dying at 120?  

Everyone needs to leave this sinking ship and get on a boat ASAP. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The last episode has 4 credits to writing... BiBi, Michael Minnis, TAK and Mark Pinciotti. And it's one of the most absurd and over the top episodes. How is this possible that these four have managed to do that... I am lost for words.

• Members

Brad has totally forgotten about nuance. He's completely declawed/neutered: Steffy, Thomas, $B, Deacon and Sheila to an extent. Meanwhile, he turned Zende into a R@pist. 

The best part of daytime is the ability to different sides to characters, which is why so many daytime characters actually *seem* like real people. B&B had that in the 90s: Stephanie, Sheila, Clark, Sally, Mike, even Brooke. All these characters had significant moral/ethical issues, but we also saw other sides to them.

All those characters' bad sides were essential to moving the story forward. Let's face it: baddies = protagonists, otherwise you have a very dull show.

Sheila doesn't need to be homicidal maniac to push the story forward. Sheila as mother-in-law works! Seriously, MIL are villains! Liam needs to turn *bad* and $B and Deacon need to get their edge back.

Sorry but a declawed Steffy with Stepford Hubby Finn is boring. The actors, characters and the show deserve better. On a show like B&B, it isn't hard to pivot. But for the past 2 years, B&B hasn't been able to do it.

• Members

The fight was because Sheila was at her place of work and Steffy child was there. This soap takes place in LA but the only place the residents go to is Deacons place. Really? Steffy could've easily said to take them somewhere else to eat.

Liam talks about Steffy texting him because she worries about Sheila. Absurd.

Liam goes on how Sheila is dangerous and Steffy would be safe with him. Dollar Bill agrees yet both go to Deacons to eat where Sheila works and lives....Lol

This soap opera is laughable. Its creating drama from thin air!

All the stories from Zende the rapist to murderous Sheila are a joke.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

This was the worst... completely absurd. And Sheila smiling like a creep behind... so corny and cringe-y. 

And then Steffy expecting Sheila to leave her work place, because of this... Cringe.

• Members

I can't get through. Isn't it obvious they take the regulars phone calls that gush over the show and have an IQ of a tomato. That's why Bradley's writing is garbage. He writes for those viewers. 

Notice how they never take a negative call about the show.

And of course there's those words again to describe Bold next week.....shocking and never done before. Yeah right!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

And I mean... they need to stop showing this revolting toe. Without any trigger warning Casey just showed it... and I basically gagged. I have a sensitive stomach and things like that can and do make me vomit.

P.S - Maybe they need to add the toethe mints and the stapler in the opening intro.

Edited by Althea Davis