B&B: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This story is bad on so many levels.

If I never hear the word "mints" again.

It makes Zende look horrible. He had to have questioned why Luna would suddenly  appear in his bed all of a sudden after she was all about RJ. It makes him look like an idiot and rapist. Horrible. Horrible.

It would have been so MUCH better if Zende had realized Luna was out of it and just let her sleep it off at his place...with RJ walking in and finding her there.

• Members

Lord I watched 5 minutes on the right day….I had no idea I was watching something important haha.  As usual I agree.   It’s literally rape. It kind of is wrecking Zende forever like Thomas. Ew. 

• Members

Or at least just do what Eric suggested today; have Zende and Luna work closely together. At the same time, you push the rivalry between RJ and Zende, which causes problems for RJ and Luna and then you get good conflict for all three characters. 

• Members

My biggest problem with this disgusting storyline is the characters in it. It's too early on for a young love like RJ and Luna to have that crisis. Too early. Like... 1 year early. And what happens is the whole thing now looks like a circus, like a mess. The relationship is too young to have to deal with this. In real life if this happened that early on - it would be a short breakup. If this had happened after they had battled some other things together... it would make more sense.

But again... the base of the storyline is so cheap and so vulgar... and offensive, that I don't think it would have worked even deeper into the relationship. This type of stuff has never worked on Bold, after Bradley took over, because he doesn't know how to write for it. It's too complex for him and too difficult. In the end it always ends up looking like a cheap joke or an accident and it's more laugh inducing than anything. While the subject matter is very serious and touchy. You don't touch this type of stuff without knowing what you are doing. Especially in 2024. 

And... the show's overall weary and sad tone continues well into 2024. The last 8-9 months have been nothing but this weary, dreary storylines... that lead to nothing.

• Members

https://apps.rainn.org/policy/policy-crime-definitions.cfm?state=California&group=9
Yes, the accused is guilty of rape if engaging in an act of sexual intercourse where the other person is prevented from resisting by any intoxicating or anesthetic substance, or any controlled substance, and this condition was known, or reasonably should have been known, by the accused. California Penal Code § 261(a)(3).