GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I do think public figures deserve privacy, but I don't think that applies to something like weight loss. If an actor loses 50 lbs., are we not supposed to comment on it in the name of privacy? If an actor gets a full-sleeve tattoo, is that too private to talk about? If a singer shows up at an NFL game to support her boyfriend, does she deserve privacy and no cameras on her?

None of these are violations of privacy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I concur.  And there's clearly a difference between people talking about their reactions on a public forum, versus attacking or critiquing the actors directly on social media. 

In this case, we've seen this woman in the media for decades, and it is only natural to have a response to the extreme changes that have occurred over time. 

I would be mortified to be compared to images of myself twenty years ago, but I have not chosen a profession that commodifies my appearance.

Edited by j swift

• Members

This Eva LaRue stuff today feels different, there’s more depth and texture. Even if they’ve rushed into an outing real quick and I don't particularly have any deep connection to Blaze lol. I think some of the Spixie lines are sharper too.

• Members

I would write off Willow immediately, but I truly don't think KM is the problem.  She was boxed in with Michael and it's so effing boring I can't take her and her boring kids.

I honestly like Spixie.  I find both Maxie and Spinelli annoying on their own, but I think they are kind of cute as a couple.  

• Members

I liked them 15 years ago, which was right around the time Spinelli started giving one too many weepy, shaky-voiced 'you are a lying whore, Maximista' speeches. I'm over it now, but they did well today.

• Members

Oh, yeah, their break up was obnoxious.  But Maxie was doing things like sleeping with James Franco just because.  I still think BA and KS work well together and it's a cute dream that Spinelli can bag someone like Maxie.   I mean I know Maxie has fallen so far and isn't much of a catch anymore with her brood and financial difficulties, but it's the only Maxie pairing I have enjoyed.

• Members

To me, the recent focus on Spinelli, a character who has outgrown his charm, feels like putting the pieces in place for Jason's return.  Everyone on the canvas is being reset to where they were when Jason was relevant.  Sonny is single, Spinelli is on his own, Drew and Sam are arguing.  It all feels very deliberate.  But the regression of characters is rarely popular.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I have noticed this, too, and seen several other people posting to this effect. And, Carly & Drew, it's totally obvious that they are all BUT broken up. So, one day next week, I think they will cut the cord. Sam's been preoccupied with Jason. Her scene with Liz & her scene with Danny.

One thing about Jason's TBI was it left him almost always compartmentalizing. So I think when Carly & Sonny got together, he put certain feelings for Carly in a box & threw away the key. When Sonny died I think he got that box out & opened it up & we saw him almost have a real relationship with Carly. Not just loyal friend. So I wonder if that box isn't still open. I guess we'll see. 

• Members

I think there were other unique options for Maxie in the past (like buttoned-up younger man Michael as sort of another comic pairing, that was my pipe dream once upon a time) but that was long ago. I agree none of her other pairings have ever worked. Nathan was painful, I have no idea how he lasted so long or gave her another kid let alone Heinrich giving her one too.

I really liked Spixie once upon a time but I preferred when he had evolved past her and moved on with Ellie. Still, I have no objection to them back together provided they do mature and uh, preferably leave the show for a few years lol. I think they're both spent and need a long break.

• Members

I did actually like Ellie and Spinelli.  The actress who played Ellie was delightful.  I want to stab myself in the eyeball thinking about the times Spinelli ran around calling Brenda the "Divine One" and did yoga with her, but I do think Spinelli has matured and seems less ADHD and more focused.