DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

In all seriousness, I don't think Jamey was fired.  We all know those Tyler Perry shows film an entire season in like three days.  And, he doesn't sign anyone to a contract beyond a single season.  So, once that production was over, he simply went back to DAYS when they asked him.  It is not unusual or remarkable.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I highly doubt Tyler Perry fired Jamey. I've heard the dialogue on Tyler Perry shows (I still remember people on this board insisting The Haves and Have Nots was good). If anything he did his show and got out, or the pay over there just isn't that great.

• Members

Isn't Tyler Perry's stuff all done on the cheap (non union etc) and people work on the shows because he is creating employment and giving opportunities to black actors and creatives?

Jamie probably realizes that his work options are limited by a number of factors, including an apparent lack of talent, so he'll go back to Days in the meantime.

Ron probably likes his campy take on the scripts.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I really liked the Nicole/Maggie scenes. It always good when characters that don’t usually interact share scenes and the two of them seemed to work well together. And I hope they continue to show the relationship between Maggie and Holly once Holly is out of the coma.

Paulina’s appearance in those scenes seemed a little random but I am liking how Holly’s OD’ing has effected so many characters on the canvas. I like the interaction, it makes Salem feel like a community again. 

Still not sure about Chad and Everett being so buddy-buddy all of a sudden, but I think Chad is being used pretty well now as the new owner of the Spectator. It’s different kind of a storyline for him, rather than being in mourning and or in a new relationship.

I’m curious about Everett’s story about his friend. I wonder if it’ll play into whatever’s going on with him right now.  

And as much as I like Tripp, I gotta admit, he is such a Mama’s boy

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members
Posted (edited)

4.2/10 - bonus points for following up on the cliffhanger, and having multiple stories in a single episode

Ava's very confusing.  I'm never sure of her motives.  For example, when she impulsively kissed Stefan after Chad left the room, what was she trying to do?  Is she conniving, or does she have attachment issues?  It feels forced that they're setting up a Stefan/Ava/Gabi triangle so soon and without any organic chemistry between Ava and Stefan.  I like the idea of the pairing, but I wish it was built over time.  Otherwise, it is just another opportunity for Ava to become obsessed over an unrequited romance.

The two minutes scenes were really annoying me today in the Tripp and Wendy conversation.  That should've been a single five-minute interaction.  Instead, it was, “do you love me?”, [break], “yes, I love you”, [break], “are you sure”, [break], “yes, I'm sure.”  It was enraging that they couldn't get out more than two lines per scene.  I guess it makes it easier to learn their scripts?  But, I'm happy Wendy is back.

Once again, my favorite DAYS game - What time of day is it?  Everett is working late, but it is still visiting hours at the hospital, but it's dark outside, but people are still randomly showing up at each other's homes. 

And the flimsy excuses for Stephanie to meet with all of her boyfriends for “PR” meetings makes no sense.  Who's paying her?

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

Again something I wish the scab writers would've fixed. At least the other characters are pointing that out with the scab scripts. 

People better enjoy the five months of the scab writers because the foolishness, ridiculousness will return with Ron's writing.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

It's so emblematic of how bad it is that people reacted with horror basically to his saying how great the show's going to be as soon as we see his new stuff. I mean if Ron's old stuff is bad, and we know it is, then how much worse could new stuff be?! I'm very much afraid we're going to find out!

Today mostly I appreciated Maggie with Nicole & ComaHolly. Paulina's attack of coughing, being choked, etc. was really truly awful! They need to sort out what is wrong with her. 

Stephanie's scene with Everett,I think, has finally made me realize that I just don't like Stephanie. 

Ava kissing on Stefan to create a plausible reason for them to be together so much simply makes NO sense. His wife is in prison, in the infirmary, and locked down. There's no way he's gonna be fooling around. 

• Members

That’s true too lol 

In general, I like that Tripp is such a good son, but sometimes, they just lay it on so damn thick

Well, it does seem like we’re all enjoying it so far

• Members

Welcome back, Kristen! And already, I want your ass gone again. Her and her little demon spawn 

And I really hope that her final scene today isn’t foreshadowing about what may happen for Brady and Kristen in the future. 

Eric/Theresa was the best part of today. I liked how Eric came to comfort his cousin and used his own past in order to draw a parallel between what’s going on with Tate right now. That’s the way to use history. Still hoping that someday they do a storyline where Holly finds out the truth about her father’s death. Theresa always feeling like a screw up could be used to drive story as well. They just might need to recast lol even though I do feel EOB has improved over the last few weeks. 

And yes Theresa, you should call your brother back to Salem to see if he could help out his nephew

Sloan/Melinda was ok too. I kinda understand why Melinda is so determined to keep the secret about the baby now, but I’m still not sure about how she got to this point. If she’s this determined, maybe she’ll end up killing Leo at some point

Getting a little tired of all this stuff with Konstantin though. I might like it a little more if there wasn’t a possible rewrite of history coming up. This storyline actually can happen without a rewrite.