DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Hey, they mentioned a conflict of interest in regards to EJ! I’m no legal expert, but that sounds like the perfect grounds for an appeal, to me. 

One thing I’m liking about the show lately is the realism and realistic reactions that characters have been having. They’ve been injected into pretty much every script so far, and a lot of the scenes today were no different. Also, they seemed to have remembered that Theresa is a mother

Please register in order to view this content

I have to give a shout out to Dan Feuerriegel too. He played the villain really well today, practically made me hate EJ.

Btw, shut up Alex. 

His anti-Justin attitude seemed to come out of nowhere. Sort of like Holly’s jump to hard drugs. That’s one thing that I think the scab writers need to work on. These ideas aren’t bad, but they need to do a better job at establishing them. 

Switching gears, Tripp is such a sweet guy and he and Wendy did well today too, but their whole storyline is stupid. Ava and her crap shouldn’t be the spoiler for them. Johnny and Chanel should have been lol I still don’t understand how characters, on any soap, can pretty much turn off the feelings that they have for someone once they start a new relationship. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members
Posted (edited)

3.8/10

I keep having to remind myself why Alex is so caught up in Tate's case.  I realize it is because of Theresa, but that's a bit of a stretch.  Give her some cash for a lawyer and move on.  And if he hired another attorney, why didn't they ever show up?  Why not consult Sloan?

I was also distracted by EJ's terrible haircut.  Why would a grown man be sporting a fade?  WEHT quiet luxury?  Although, I guess he's correct that it would be easy to prove that Tate called his father prior to calling 911.  But, also how often is Tate going to have to change his clothes in one day?

The highlight was the sad goodbye for Wendy.  I mean, she worked at the police station for about one day, where her major task was clearing Rafe's cache, so I understand at least part of her need to move on.  The Jenga reference was also a little obscure.  The pacing is much more noticeable when Tripp/Wendy or Ava/Harris break up because there was barely any time to get invested in them as a couple. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

First episode this week that I fast forwarded 2/3 of the show. I've never cared for Xander and Sarah as a couple nor individually. Tripp is adorable as hell but he and Wendy are boring.

The Tate story was the winner again with much better writing from the scabs.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Not to step on your joke, but EJ specifically said that they were prosecuting Tate as an adult for not calling 911 right away.  They can prove from his cell phone records that Tate called Brady first, and then Brady called 911.  And the argument, which I am not defending, just defining, is that Holly may have had fewer side effects if she was treated with Narcan right away.

It is an especially f-ed up social issues story because at the same time that they are trying to inform the audience about the use of Narcan, they are also telling Reefer Madness stories about crooked judges and prison brutality.  There's not a lot of justice being served in Salem.  But, an interesting fact, the DEA found that, of the fake prescription pills analyzed in 2022, six out of ten contain a potentially lethal dose of fentanyl. So, lesson learned, get your pills straight from the pharmacy, not the alley of your local bistro.  At least, I think that is what DAYS is trying to teach us.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

But, it is such a real, relatable issue because as a teen Tate's 1st thought was how he could best handle things to keep her from getting into a whole lotta trouble. Obviously a way of thinking that is not the best decision making process but yet it definitely is very human & teenagerish!