DAYS: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thursday's episode got me thinking.  And while I have a tendency to overcomplicate my predictions.  What if the demon that Marlena, Kayla, and Kate met in heaven wasn't Nick, but Everett since he was in a coma at the same time?!?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

My favorite part of the episode was the flashback with Alice telling Doug "You didn't have much of a family growing up...since you were in an orphanage."

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alice for the BURN!!!

• Members

OMG, Bill Hayes' choking-up at the end of the episode really got to me.  That wonderful man was practically sobbing. My tears started flowing right along with his, and I don't even know what he was crying about.  I haven't cried watching a soap for years, but it used to happen almost weekly -- back when soaps were more about romance and emotion.   God bless Bill Hayes.  

• Members

Merry Christmas y’all!

And even though it’s Christmas, I still don’t care about Leo. He deserves every bad thing that happens to him.

I’m glad Stefan finally let somebody in his family know about Clyde, though those scenes seemed a little over the place. And I did laugh when EJ said he wasn’t the type of person that would take revenge anymore but was more than fine with doing that like only three months ago. I still say Stefan should go to Chad for help. That could be really interesting to see.

I’m also glad that Holly confessed to Nicole about Johnny. I enjoy their mother-daughter scenes. The two actresses work well together. And the family bonding scene with Eric and Baby Jude was really nice too. This and Sloan’s reaction to that relationship are a really good added layer to this storyline. 

Everything else was ok. 

• Members

Merry Christmas to all you lovely folks on SON!

Today's episode wasn't very Christmas-y.  It wasn't a horrible episode, but I do think the show could have done a happier episode with a more Christmas theme.  Oh well, it's nice to have a new episode anyhow!

Everyone enjoy your holiday!

• Members

Merry Christmas @AbcNbc247 & @carolineg and thank you for reminding this year how fun it can be to watch and discuss a soap!

That being said, this Paulina story is odd.  Hyperthyroidism has got to be one of the weirdest choices as a social issues story, or attempt to educate the audience.  And, it was over as soon as it began.

Can we talk about the budget for Ava's Christmas gift?  I know Harris is a cop without a credit rating, but I didn't know they put $10 gold chains in a jewelry box.  Every gift begins with Kaye, but no thank you.

Eric took Jude out again.  That baby is going to get sick from all of this exposure!  And how in the name of global warming are they eating breakfast outside in December?

Umm, EJ has a bunch of hitpeople on speed dial, and he can't air drop one to his brother?  And why would Stefan suddenly confide in EJ after firing him at his wedding?  I like the Stefan and Chad crime fighting duo that was  teased last week, and I hope we get back to them as partners. 

And when did Nicole start therapy?  She kidnapped the baby two days ago, and yesterday she was on vacation.  So, does she mean that she made an appointment?  And, I know Marlena's the only game in town, but that is a bad choice for a therapist.

Lastly, I am going to repeat this every time they try it, but deriving humor from Leo being unhoused is gauche to the n'th degree.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I want to think there is more to this Paulina story?  It might end up being more serious.  Because otherwise it was just silly.  It would have been nice if Abe ended up being there for her as well today.

As @janea4old reminded me, the Town Square is actually an indoor mall.  Or has like some sort of dome over it.   Seems pricey if you ask me, but I guess that's how everyone does everything out in the open without being cold.

• Members

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Greetings of the Season! 

Well, I can't think of anything to find fault with today. 

Okay, maybe I can. I think Eric & Sloan's purchases for their stolen baby boy are just plain weird!  Like today, one more thing that he won't be able to use till his mother is in prison sharing a cell with Melinda Trask. I mean really folks who buys a hobby horse for an infant?!!

I like Nicole & Holly as mother/daughter. I also like that I don't get to whine about Nicole's hairstyle any more. No idea what went right but it seems to be lasting.