DAYS: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today was really couple heavy. Not much happened but I didn’t really have a problem with it. The scab writers really seem to be injecting more romance into the scripts, without hitting us over the head with it, and I like that.

Subtlety is a good thing sometimes

Please register in order to view this content

Tate/Holly was the best part of today. They were really sweet and charming and I’m glad that they’re finally going on a real date. I hope that Holly’s infatuation with Johnny continues to be a part of this storyline. I don’t see them as a couple or anything but it would still be good conflict for her and Tate in the future. And I still say that they need some friends their own age. It would add another layer to their storyline. Like a hunky jock or a Mimi-like character that Holly can be best friends with. 

I was surprised by Melinda today. She was actually used pretty well with Wendy. Her feelings about Li and her guilt over his death really should have been the reason why she was so determined to have Sloan take Nicole’s baby. Yeah, it’s not the best explanation in the world but it’s better than the non-explanation that we got.

I hope Tripp and Wendy end up staying in Salem though. They are boring but I still think that there’s a lot that can be done with them. Ron and Co. totally lost interest in them and I’m hoping the scab writers came up with a storyline for them, or found a good way to weave them into somebody else’s. Johnny and Chanel’s perhaps? 

• Members

After my stories were canceled, I started checking out the other offerings. DOOL and B&B were the ones that stuck (though I am months and months behind on B&B).

I mentioned getting choked up watching that Doug and Julie scene. To my surprise, I had a similar reaction when Chad and Stephanie had their breakup conversation. I've never been a "couples" kind of fan, but something struck me about that scene.

I never saw the Chad and Abigail in Paris online spinoff. Is it available to watch somewhere?

• Members

Just finished the Horton Christmas episode. I know we have so few Hortons left on canvas but I still love this episode every year. And wow the flashbacks we got this year were amazing!! I had never seen Doug’s first Horton Christmas, or the Christmas with Tom in the hospital. Wonderful episode.

Loved ending with Doug and Julie. Bill Hayes made me tear up right along with them.

• Members

I’m probably in the minority but I’m enjoying Steve Burton so much more on Days than on GH. It’s not like Harris has tons of personality but there’s still a hell of a lot more than Jason Morgan. And honestly after seeing him on GH with the same people for so long, it’s nice to see him with some new actors; I don’t even mind the pairing with Ava, as it’s been so long since they were Carly and Jason together.

• Members

Even the scab writers need to meet an actual teenager.  How is a kid working as a bar back at the Brady Pub buying a first edition of Pride and Prejudice for his girlfriend.  And what teen girl would appreciate the gift?  And why would Tate try to throw it away?  I know he's got Brady's credit card, but I doubt he's spending 5k on a book only to throw it in the trash.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift