Y&R February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

2-13

Since I just mentioned her over on the GH thread, let me take a moment to say how much I loved Eileen Davidson sashaying back into frame. Her hair was on point, her outfit was excellent, and she was giving looks and reactions aplenty to finding out that Diane and Jack were back together. In fact, I wouldn't have mind her going all 'Kristen' on the two of them, but it's to ED's credit and talent that she was completely and purely Ashley. She was just such a beauty to watch, but I always like Jack vs Ashley scenes, but I just felt she was another level this day. Just breathtaking.

Outside of that, I continue to love the rift growing between Kyle and Summer. And now Summer wants space. Uh oh.

Happy Daniel fired Phyllis. But going into the Spoiler Thread...sounds like I'm about to be disappointed in regards to part of his story.

• Members

Personally it would’ve been more fun if Sally had slept with Chance and connect her with Jill as opposed to some umpteenth Newman family drama. It’s also ridiculous that the show invested in Chelsea’s suicidal attempt but now she’s barely seen with zero repercussions. 

• Members

Exactly! It's like since Abby and Chance's quickie divorce, Chance has been put on the back burner. Imagine Sally and Chance hooking up one night at Society. At first, neither of them thinks it's serious, but they start to bond. Jill disapproves knowing from her own shady past that Sally isn't the person her grandson should be with. Not to mention it would affect Chance's friendship with Adam since he would be envious of his friend moving on with his ex-lover.

• Members

So why isn't CH represented in the opening? Sally's s been there for 2+ years now. They have no problem customizing the openings almost daily (e.g., Jill, Mariah, Chloe, Ashley, etc.).

Other obvious additions: Diane, Summer and Chance, but nothing is more glaring than Sally, who has been driving stories for a while now.

• Members

And B&B and GH have updated their intros COUNTLESS times since Courtney Hope first arrived. Just shows how cheap and tacky Y&R has become.

If they can’t keep their intro updated, maybe they should do a title screen.

They could do stills like GH and B&B. Or use clips like the late 2000s opening. (Or, hell, find an artist like Sandy Dvore and go back to the sketches as a throwback, but they’re probably too cheap for that.)

Someone said they shot a new opening during that 50th anniversary photo shoot, I believe, though. Not that I’m optimistic they’re going to maintain it moving forward, given their recent track record.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

@Faulkner What's crazy is that Y&R updates the opening sequence almost every episode, which is why we see JW, ED, CG, EH featured only the episodes they appear.

I suppose spending a few thousand dollars on a photo shoots probably does matter these days.

Y&R is an incredibly vet heavy cast. People whined about newbies over vets, but those newbies help make shows profitable. It's not called show *business* for nothing.

• Members

And they’re clearly in invested in Courtney Hope as a face of Y&R. Yet she’s not featured in the intro. Odd but not surprising for a show that, if I recall correctly, left a visible watermark in one of the stock images they use in their opening. This is their Peapack era for real.