Y&R February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And at this point the only “shocking announcement” I would accept to shake up the show would be an alive and well Dru revealing herself.  Not likely at all lol and I’m quite sure JG would screw it up by making it boring. 

Take today’s episode. Sure we had a fun moment where Daniel fired Phyllis, the whole Jack/Kyle betrayal fight could have been at least had a bit more tension, but instead it felt so lifeless as the air was sucked out with Adam’s “Hey guys please stop fighting I really didn’t want to work at Jabot anyways”. 

25 years ago on Y&R I knew the whole Veronica Landers as Sarah the clumsy maid was bad hokey soap yet I was at least highly entertained by it. Here we are 25 years later there’s barely any soap happening and it’s probably the most boring thing on daytime since Jean Holloway’s 1979 failed tenure at Love of Life. Just sad.

• Members

I didn't mean that you knew. My apologies. It's just we have discussed it often in DAYS threads and with the Y&R Count thread a few months, I'm seriously wondering. 

And they have to have Victor in some capacity for the anniversary. It would be weird otherwise. 

• Members

Partial broadcast disruption alert in western US:
Tues. Feb. 14, and Wed. Feb. 15
Tues. Feb. 21 and Wed. Feb. 22
due to European soccer tournament evening matches being broadcast live in USA.
This might affect either Y&R or B&B (or both soaps) depending on your timezone (Mountain,Pacific,Alaska,Hawaii)
The soaps are still airing, and not officially preempted, so if you miss an episode, your local station might air it at at different time.  Or just watch the epi on cbs.com.
Details on this thread:
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/62270-yr-and-bb-february-2023-soccer-preemptions-western-us/

Edited by janea4old

• Members

One my guilty pleasures is counting the mistakes in Lynda Hirsch's weekly soap summaries.  I've always enjoyed Ms Hirsch's column, and consider her a valuable resource for soap fandom, but her editor is the worst.  Can you spot this week's error?

https://www.creators.com/read/lynda-hirsch-on-soaps/

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

No worries

Yes, Victor needs to be part of the 50th anniversary.

For the 25th anniversary there was some buildup to a big story. For the 50th anniversary there seems to be nothing. Y&R feels so hollow and empty.

• Members

2-6

I totally forgot that the Friday cliffhanger was Shirtless Nick finding out Sally also slept with Adam and it could be his baby. lol.

I admit while I continue to hate on the WTD storyline, I do like that the writers are playing it smart with Nick in that so far...he figured out that Sally was preggers and now he figured out Adam could be the dad. Both before she told him. That fact that due to his own history as well as being a father period, he just...knew. I kinda like that since Nick normally is played well...dumb?

Yes, Tucker. I can't wait for Ashley to get back, too.

Outside of that, I hope we see Jill IN town versus that computer screen. Though I love seeing her. And Devon vs Lily continues to be the main thing keeping my interest. And she still wants to work with Daniel. Hmmm.