Y&R February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

2-16

I'll say this much...this week was better than last week. 

Ashley's back. Val Bloom...I mean Heather is back. lol. And Nate is still treating Elena as an afterthought.

I have felt Tucker/Ashley have been very hit/miss for me. But seeing Tucker show his frustration to her was a thing of beauty. Showing vulnerability. And she did the same. It was just such good scenes.

Heather, Heather, Heather. So happy to see her. That was the good news. The bad news...they wrapped up that story in a week. Really? And I felt MG and VB had good chemistry, too. Why could he had done the very nice arc for Heather/Daniel/Lily suggested (and developed) by @DramatistDreamer? Just ugh.

Sorry to say I see chemistry between Phyllis and Jeremy. 

• Members

I am sick to death at the Sally/Nick/Adam and baby.  They've never had a real life adult conversation about how she got pregnant.  At her age, was she not taking precautions?  Did either man really want to be a parent, especially the one with adult children?  Do they realize that maybe they should talk about termination?  These aren't teenagers for gawd sakes!  You can actually hear the sucking sounds as this show goes down the drain.

• Members

I said looks interesting. The same with the 50th returns. It could be interesting but most likely not.

BTW Barbara Crampton looks great. I would rather have had her back over Diane, if only to avoid the horrible rewrite.

Leanna has many more possibilities as a character.

But Barbara probably wouldn't commit.

• Members

With all the changes and talk of budget cuts surely the time will come when there will be a cast cull.

Seriously, who do you think could/should go at this point. personally I'd be happy to see the back of Victor and Phyllis but I know that ain't happening.

In terms of relevancy to the current stories I think Sharon Case could be dropped. Sharon has no story, her last marriage was a flop and she's trapped in the coffeehouse doling out useless and ignored advice. The whole therapist/counsellor thing has never worked, she doesn't have a home set and her children are out of town or seldom seen.

So Sharon could decide to leave town for whatever reason and it wouldn't be too noticeable. Mariah and Noah could mention her and go to visit. If there's a wedding or illness,she could come down with one of those soap excuses that keep her away.

Jason Thompson as Billy. I don't think he's ever worked as that character and the finding his true spirit crap has gone on too long. Not interested in Billy/Phyllis or Billy/Victoria round 456 or a reunion with Lily.

And he doesn't seem close to the Abbotts.

Again he could leave town 'temporarily' for a fresh start and promise to see his kids regularly-if they could be bothered it could be mentioned that those tykes are away with their dad.

Who do you think and why?

• Members

Mal Young had the right idea sidelining Victor. In a perfect he'd be bumped to recurring. Phyllis and her "stupid smirk" serve no purpose since they fired Gina.

Sharon is probably the vet with the least story potential, plus Josh already isn't invested in her. The writers really "blew they're load" with the Sharon character. She was so overused in the late 2000's & 2010's that there's quite literally nowhere left to go with her. Sharon had about 20 yrs worth of story crammed into less than a decade.