Y&R February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Haha, I was laughing at your post and then I went to Chat GPT and said "write a 100 word script for Young and the Restless.. here is what appeared:

As tensions continue to rise between the Newman and Abbott families, Jack makes a shocking announcement at a Jabot board meeting. Meanwhile, Kyle struggles with his feelings for both Summer and Tara and must decide who he truly wants to be with. Phyllis finds herself caught in the middle of her daughter's love triangle and tries to meddle in their affairs. Elsewhere, Sharon and Rey's relationship takes a turn when he begins to suspect her of keeping secrets from him. As Genoa City's residents continue to navigate their complicated relationships, they'll discover that some secrets are better left hidden.

Oh and now I asked it to be more detailed, so it came up with this:

As the feud between the Newman and Abbott families intensifies, Jack shocks the Jabot board by announcing a merger with Chancellor Industries. This causes tension within the Abbott family as Ashley questions Jack's motives, while Kyle struggles with his feelings for both Summer and Tara, his ex-girlfriend and the mother of his son, respectively. Meanwhile, Phyllis finds herself caught in the middle of her daughter's love triangle and tries to meddle in their affairs, but her actions only make things worse.

Elsewhere, Rey becomes suspicious of Sharon's behavior when she becomes distant and secretive, leading to a confrontation between the couple. Victoria's relationship with Ashland heats up, but her business dealings with Adam put her in a precarious position. As the residents of Genoa City continue to navigate their complicated relationships and business dealings, they'll discover that the stakes are higher than ever before.

• Members

with the animosity Victor and Nikki have had with Sharon over the years, I always find it laughable that of all the coffee shops in Genoa City they support hers. Why not just have their servants at home make them morning coffee or have coffee at the office?...oh...yeah....nevermind... 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I’d like someone to take a count of how many sets are used in a week.

It sounds like you get Crimson Lights, TGP, Noah’s club, the Abbott mansion and various other sets in small rotation. So a bunch of establishments and one house, with maybe the destroyed Chancellor mansion, Devon’s condo and a hotel room or two thrown in for shîts and giggles. Is that accurate?

• Members

Yes it seems like Society and Crimson Lights, Abbott house, Not so grand Pheonix 'suite' which is used for multiple charactersand some offices are permanent sets and then others are put up and used for a certain amount of time. That's why for weeks pretty much everything happens on the same sets. For example the Newman living room was not seen for a while and then turns up again.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

What homes/locations are left now?

We have Chancellor estate, Newman ranch, Abbott estate as the main homes and the rest of the homes are either apartments or hotel suites.

For locations we have Jabot, Newman Enterprises, Chancellor-Winters, Crimson Lights, Society, Grand Phoenix, Noah's club.

When was the last time we saw Top of the Tower or Genoa City Athletic Club or Colonnade Room?

Edited by kalbir

• Members

The GCAC got dropped in favor of Grandiose Pheonix. suddenly everybody dropped one for the other. I think the set was too big and it was acost cutting thing.

Last time I remember seeing TOTT was Victor's anniversary in 2020.

As for Colonnade Room - did that make it past the 90's?

We also had the rooftop Dive bar that was big during Mal's reign .Was it used post 2018?

• Members

It seems Grand Phoenix and Society replaced Genoa City Athletic Club.

EB anniversary episodes were set at Top of the Tower, but I can't remember seeing that set afterwards.

Colonnade Room made it to the 2000s, with Victor/Nikki 2002 wedding and Michael/Lauren 2005 wedding, but again I can't remember the last time it was used.

I forgot about the Athletic Club rooftop pool. 

• Members

The Teriah wedding was at the Top of the Tower.  Noah designed their wedding decor.  He borrowed some of his own ideas to create his "Glam Club" which is at the top of the Grand Phoenix.

Devon sold the GCAC  a while back.

But the GCAC hotel rooms are still rarely but occasionally used a few times (but no lobby or restaurant or gym).  Sometimes characters stay there if they want to be under the radar.  Those hotel rooms were used when Phyllis owned the Grand Phoenix and someone didn't want to interact with her. I think Kyle paid for Diane to stay at the GCAC.

The GCAC rooftop pool and bar (which is named the Dive Bar) was most recently used several times in summer 2022.   Characters are shown there, but not in the rest of the building.

• Members

Sets currently in use

Meeting places

Society

Crimson Lights

Grand Pheonix

Glum Club

Chancellor Park

Offices

Newman-Victoria's office

Newman Media

Chancellor/winters