YR: Tracey Bregman 40th Anniversary

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I noticed that myself. Maybe they couldn’t find a good chunk of the guys’ first episodes to tie in with their episodes. I can see them not doing it with EB since he was introduced with Julia and them not wanting to bring her into any flashbacks. As for CLB, I don’t know why they didn’t do his first appearance. Kate Linder literally only said “Dinner is served” during her first episode LOL and was onscreen for like 5 seconds, so I get them not using that. The women seemed to have first appearances that tied into their storylines from day 1, and with characters that lasted a long time on the show, save MTS’s scene with Roberta Leighton. It was clever how they tied that in with Nikki killing her father.

The whole TEB and BM scene that was Lauren’s first scene would make sense to include, since Lauren was in Traci’s orbit for her first nearly 2 years on the show. 

• Members

As a writer myself, I feel for you Errol. It’s a violation when you take the time and thought to craft your own words, and someone swoops in and scoops what you have written and presents those words as if it’s theirs, without any acknowledgment to what you have done. 

Also, did that person secure permission to post that photograph? I have seen people on social media get into trouble for posting photos without accreditation. Very careless and irresponsible. Sadly, many people don’t consider lifting the works of others and using them as their own to be a big deal, when it’s pretty egregious.

• Members

Ya if there is one thing (or only thing lol) Y&R does well at all these days is the nostalgia factor with anniversary tribute episodes or anytime the show actual makes an effort to visit its history. Probably because going down memory lane is the only window to a time when the show was actually good.

• Webmaster

The photo is courtesy of JPI, which I pay a hefty fee to utilize on the site every month. The problem I had with the person's posting is in addition to using my exact words, the photo was the exact one I edited to use in that article. Unlike some other sites, I don't upload the original hi-res version of photos I have access to because it defeats the purpose of paying for them which this situation proves as my point.

As for permission to post the photo, as stated above, it's the same exact one I edited for my article's use although slightly adjusted for width/height by Twitter. It's highly unlikely the poster got permission from JPI nor that they are paying for it. It's exactly what you said about people not considering what they post online or on social media as someone else's work.

• Members

This reminds me of something I dealt with years ago when Television Without Pity was a thing. I'll never understand it, but there was someone who would take my posts from here and repost then there, as if it was them making the posts. It was so bizarre because it wasn't actual articles, but just me talking about my feelings about a particular show. I'll never understand why people do things like that.