YR: Tracey Bregman 40th Anniversary

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I loved Tracey's story about getting Jeanne to feed her son his bottle, since her mom had trouble doing it...Those little stories about Jeanne always make me smile and miss her more!

Please register in order to view this content

DId Locher mean to ask about Peter Barton (Scott Sr) and just said Bergman instead? he's lucky Tracey  actually did have quite a bit of screen time with Bergman over the last couple of years, or else I'd still think it was an error of sorts. 

• Members

Agreed!  If I was apart of the chat, I'd make him ask her that!  (She did say once in another interview that she still kept in touch with him and even went out for frozen yogurt with him, on one of the days he visited the set or something, so that's cool) 

I'd had forgotten about the Lauren/Cane kiss....another pairing Goddard asked not to do I imagine....

• Members

They touched on some interesting things -- Wes Kenney's arrival in her driveway to pursue her for the "summertime role of Lauren", although she was really auditioning for Patty Williams which she didn't get, and Bill Bell creating Lauren since she didn't get Patty (and all of that was fairly confusing, but Locher didn't ask for any clarification at all), bringing the baby to work and Jeanne Cooper giving him the bottle, the rabid fans of Cane & Lily, her 40-year friendship with Beth Maitland.  But there were a million things that might've been interesting that weren't asked -- Jim Storm, Colleen Casey, Steven Ford, and Jon St. Elwood, to name a few ... Instead, we got that long harangue about "pot roast makes cracklings, and cracklings are used in candy -- isn't that right?" while poor Alan just sat there blinking his eyes with his customary dunce-like expression on his bewildered face.  

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Sometimes he does better than others.  But you can always count on some platitude like, "E. Cavalier from Eugene, Oregon says, 'Thank you for coming into my house every day for the past 40 years.  You're like a part of my family.'  Wow!  I love that!  That says SO MUCH!  I really love that."   

• Members

I've seen very few Locher interviews.  But I've seen him critiqued here so much that I almost didn't watch the Tracey Bregman one.  I'm so glad I did watch!
I wonder if it helped that she'd been interviewed by a lot of people all week -- If Alan watched those interviews, he might have got some idea of things to ask. 

I remember reading here a couple of years ago how Locher interrupted the people he was interviewing. He interviewed Eileen Davidson back then, and I watched, and yes he tried to interrupt. But .... he would start to interrupt but Eileen just kept talking and steering the interview herself, it was great! She would NOT be talked over.

So this week when Locher interviewed Tracey Bregman, I was expecting him to interrupt, but he didn't do that, he really let her talk, and I appreciated that.

Edited by janea4old