General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Too funny.  What is it about these soaps that they attract so many of a certain kind of fan?  From people throwing tomatoes at Jackie Zeman for breaking up Scotty and Laura in the 70’s to this.  It’s wild.

I know other fandoms are just as toxic.  It just seems soap fans were the OG messed up fans.

• Members

Joss and Dex can fall in love, etc. whatever, don't care. But I wish the show was willing to go the "Joss wanted to get FüCKED" route. Because Cam is sweet as pie, he's not blowing her back out. She wanted some D from the dangerous, older mafia enforcer. Play up that angle, it would give this some drive, some perspective.

• Members

Screw all that. I want Joss to suffer for what she did. I want Cam to go scorched Earth on her. Hell hath no fury like a sweet, adorable guy who didn't deserve to have his heart broken, scorned 

Please register in order to view this content

Clearly, Meghan is not watching what we've all watched 

At least Eden is self-aware. Part of me hopes that she disagreed with the way the story was written.

• Members

Wait a damn minute...Lulu didn't give birth to either of her children? I knew about Charlotte and that mess but the boy was carried by someone else too? That is...crazy. How could they tell such similar stories with the same character? Babies and doppelgangers is right.

If Esme and Willow's babies are switched that will be, correct me if I'm wrong, 3 baby switches in 10 years? And the second involving the same character in Willow, right?

• Members

It's also exactly what happened! It's not like Joss committed some unspeakable sin either. However boring I find her and Dex, she is very young and she was consumed with guilt and broke up with her boyfriend immediately after. That's more than most people in her position do. But people act like she is either a whore or a saint, and the show suggests that she has to literally lie to the police about a serial killer to avoid the issue (finally ended the other day). There's no nuance and since the show sees Cam and any characters they don't want to focus on as B or C-players, they'll simply try to drag him down to prop the other two up in a situation that does not require that binary thinking.

Edited by Vee

• Members

There was a period (pun not intended!) when much of the show revolved around the fate of Lulu's eggs. And the woman who carried Rocco was none other than Britt!

Basically Lulu found out she couldn't carry a child to term, so Maxie offered to be her surrogate mother. Maxie got pregnant with Lulu and Dante's embryo, then promptly miscarried (though it probably would have been more realistic if they had said the implantation had failed). Maxie then jumped into bed with Spinelli and got pregnant again, but didn't have the heart to tell Lulu and Dante that she was not pregnant with their child so kept up the ruse that she was still acting as their surrogate.

While this was all going on, Lulu was kidnapped by Helena and had some of her eggs harvested, this eventually led to Charlotte's conception and birth via Claudette.

Maxie eventually gave birth to Georgie and everyone found out the truth. A custody battle followed between Dante and Lulu, Maxie and Spinelli (separately) with the result being Spinelli ending up with custody and Maxie being forbidden to see Georgie for a time.

Meanwhile Britt (who had been Maxie's OB/GYN and had known the truth about Georgie all along) was claiming she was pregnant with Patrick's baby and then switched to claiming that Brad was the father after it came out that Patrick wasn't.  Eventually it was revealed that her mother had convinced her to take one of Dante and Lulu's embryos and implant it in herself to trap Patrick. I think it was Liz who eventually exposed this and Dante and Lulu got custody of their son Rocco.

Edited by Dion