General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Vee has mentioned this quite a bit, the generic leads of the youth set. It's crazy to think that soaps were willing to take risks with legacy characters like Robin by giving her HIV (this was a game changer and it would never happen today) or Jason with his amnesia (no matter how you feel about him, permanently changing the personality of a lead character just doesn't happen) or making Bianca, the only child of the One True Daytime Star™ a lesbian.

Daytime used to be so much more willing to make big swings or tell challenging stories with people we'd spent years getting to know. They would never do something so dramatic to Joss for example, that might impede her ability to marry 7 different guys in 10 years time. Now it's mostly mired in paternity/maternity reveals and baby switches, plot points that don't matter or won't last. They feel dramatic and are dramatic but ultimately weightless because nothing sticks.

I've been enjoying the Nina/Willow conflict and the reveal but knowing that Nina and Willow will eventually be bosom buddies will make the new few months to a year kind of tedious. She'll be calling her mom in no time.

• Members

Babies/pregnancy stories have long been rumored to be the one of the only stories currently gunshy networks will consistently approve for contemporary daytime, at least at ABC, and I absolutely believe it.

Agreed, they absolutely do not.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I'm calling it right now, if we get an Esme/Willow baby switch I am going to scream.

Michael has already had a baby switch story and if it happens again then he only has himself to blame for not being more vigilant when his kids are born.

Also, where does Victor get the cash to have multiple European villas fully staffed in his absence?  He wasn't in Helena's will, and the Cassadines were cash poor just a few years ago.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Can someone explain why Victor has kidnapped Lucy? I can't follow this story and I'm not sure I care. I've never been a big fan of the adventure stories on this show and now they don't even have location shoots so it's even harder to hold my attention.

Cynthia Watros was so good today she almost made Maurice tolerable.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Lucy was using Victor's lust for her to spy on him for Anna who is investigating Victor for Luke's 'fatal' accident and the Ice Princess, so setting up Anna as a murderer killed to two birds with one stone (proverbially and literally).

Edited by j swift

• Members

I saw that there was some ugliness on Twitter where a Carly fan said she was so upset that if she saw Cynthia Watros in the street she'd punch her in the face. She even tagged Watros. Watros, as well as Laura Wright, responded, and the tweet is now gone. 

Even as the soaps are in their death throes, the remaining fans are so often the worst of society.

• Members

I like Cynthia Watros, and she is a good actress, but unfortunately it's hard to look at her sometimes with the work she has done to her face. Most people have lines under their eyes, and the skin tone of the area under the eyes matches that of the rest of the face. Is there anything that a make-up artist or a lighting set-up can do to make her look more natural?.