General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's not wrong to hope.  It would be wrong to believe because that would never happen.  Carly, Sonny, and Joss would survive the apocalypse. 

@titan1978floated Cam as the hook.  I haven't watched today's episode, but is that possible?

I had no idea that Michael and Willow weren't married lol.  I was wondering why he was proposing again.  I guess I forgot they got divorced and she pity married Chase.  I must have wiped that from my memory.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Tuesday's episode was such a roller coaster ride.  I was sad to see Britt leave, then happy when she was beating the hook killer, even happier when she came back to Liesl and decided stay in Port Charles, then sad to realize she got nicked by the poisoned hook and may die on that fainting cliffhanger. 

Kelly Thiebaud is so reminiscent of Kristian Alfonso, Vanessa Marcil, Lisa Peluso, Robin Strasser, Susan Lucci...you just can't have a good American soap without a beautiful, brunette central character straddling the line of heroine and anti-hero.  They better not kill off Britt!

The Nic, Spencer, Liz and Esme story is so fun.  I hope Esme feigns amnesia next!

• Members

I thought they were married too. It's a shame they haven't been during all of this drama. I like when characters are dealing with issues as a married couple. I also like longer marriages on soaps.

Is Britt actually leaving the show? I figured last week would be Kelly's last day or today that the hook would get her.

• Members

Kelly reminds me of none of those actresses lol.  She has none of any of those ladies' charisma or likability and I suspect Britt will just be a footnote in GH's history.  I do know a lot of people seem to share your opinion, but I just don't see myself and I have tried.   I must be missing something lol.

It's seems so silly to push Michael/Willow together and have them get married, then have them divorce, have her fake marry Chase, and then have Michael/Willow marry for real in a relative short period of time.  I guess it is just a way to stall for a big wedding later on or something.

I feel like Britt's exit story has been going on for eons now.  It has to be ending soon.  I feel like we heard about KT's departure 6 months ago.  

• Members

If this is the real Hooker that has been revealed, then I am disappointed.

Regardless of whether on not one is a fan of the character, it was a disappointing ending for Brit, because it has nothing to do with the health concerns that have driven her story for months.

Not only is the person revealed a fairly peripheral character, but it doesn't logically make sense that someone of that age could pull off these very physical acts, have access to the resources, as well as have the knowledge about the types of coats that Esme owns.  I am mildly intrigued to hear the explanation of the motive for the crimes, but I am not amused.

• Members

Still sticking by that Heather is not the hook but wants to take suspicion off Esme

I can believe that Heather very easily could escape Spring Ridge but not Darkam were she was when the attacks began in Late August

I also feel that Heather is Maggie, Esme's Nanny. I can see Heather lying about who she was to the adoptive folks so she could have access to her daughter. 

• Members

Did they explain clearly how Heather and Ryan Chamberlain got together? Those are scenes I'd like to see if there's a date and it's on Hulu.

She's done it before: The Taylors. They knew her, but they didn't know her connection to their son.

• Members

So Joss gets a second chance at life and the first thing she does is cheat on her boyfriend? Well, at least people understood when I said I hoped she got hooked. She really is GH’s Alex Kiriakis.

I hope Cam sticks around and is given a romantic interest that actually appreciates him and I hope he gets the chance to tell Joss what a selfish, ungrateful whore she is. 

Speaking of the hook, if it really does turn out to be Heather, that is a total letdown.

As for Esme, it appears that the GH writers once again didn’t understand the geography of NY. Do they not realize how cold it is, in the Great Lakes Region, in January?

Please register in order to view this content

Esme never would have made it to shore before the hypothermia killed her. 

And poor Britt, they can’t just let her leave Port Charles in peace?

I like Britt. They and KT really invested a lot in the character and gave her a lot of character traits and vulnerabilities that she didn’t have in her first few years. I imagine what she would have become if Ron Carlivati had remained at the helm

But it always seemed like someone interfered in her storyline. 3 guesses who?

Nah. Sweet Cam’s not the hook

And yeah, I totally forgot that Michael and Willow aren’t married either

Edited by AbcNbc247