General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Joss is easily the most unwatchable character on the show right now. She is AWFUL. We've had a full year of her berating Sonny and Nina for being cheaters, and hating on Sonny for his line of work. Then she goes and cheats... with Sonny's employee. There is zero self-awareness there. Just hypocrisy. And Cam who? She hasn't even remembered his existence since Dex came along. Besides being her boyfriend, they've been friends since they were children. This should be tearing her up, but we've seen zero conflict or guilt from her. And WTF was with Dex coming to Kelly's with her today? He sucks too. Dude just waited outside like an idiot while Joss broke Cam's heart, and conveniently left out the part that she's been cheating on him. Those "tears" were so fake - she wasn't sad at all when she was riding Dex's dick 5 minutes before breaking up with Cam. The only way this will be even remotely watchable going forward is if Joss gets thoroughly dragged by several characters, but I'm guessing that won't happen and she'll just get to f-ck Dex some more like she did nothing wrong. Cam will somehow be the bad guy.

Everyone finding out that Nik is the baby daddy was fantastic. I'm not here for Esme's (presumably fake) amnesia though. 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have always had issues with Joss's (and Michael's) Sonny hate.  Characters should hate Sonny, but Joss was always one of Sonny's biggest cheerleaders even against her own father. So when she decided to hate Sonny/Nina it also felt hypocritical because there was always a sliding scale of Sonny's crimes especially when Joss benefitted from them.

• Members

Who will Liz prop next?  Austin, Finn again, or Cody?  We are rapidly running out of people to pair with all three.  Might be a good time to bring back Lulu.

I still cannot get over how egregious I used to feel about a FOJ, to now be faced with a decade of Frank’s besties always having a job.  What has happened with RH and ME blows anything Jill did away.  Even Sam Rappaport was more tolerable, and I hated his guts.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I'm slightly intrigued about where the story with Cody is going.

His motives around Britt and the necklace were suspicious.  I would be very interested if there was some interaction between him and Esme around their respective upbringings. 

However, I don't want him to be a third in the Dante/Sam relationship (which is already not that interesting, except for their discussion about Dante's feelings about Sonny's crimes yesterday).  I also don't think there is any long term payoff in his relationship with Mac because Mac is a big nothing burger (especially compared to Scotty, although Scotty doesn't need anymore lost lost children).

So, with Britt dead I wonder what the next story will be for Cody?  I would suggest the first thing is that he needs is a job or some specialization that gives his character value in the town beyond just being a romantic single.  Then, I would suggest that they establish a friendship with Drew or Austin so that he can have more organic interactions around town.

• Members

I still don't understand how he can be Mac's son by Dominique. Didn't Dominique and Mac first meet onscreen, in 1991, and she wasn't offscreen for any extended period between then and her death? Or was there a prior romance?

• Members

It makes zero dollars and zero sense, especially since we later met Dominique's uncle and we met Katherine Bell, who was raised on the same estate as Dominique, and neither of them were concerned about another heir being raised at the family's home.

Also Katherine had an affair with a younger Nikolas, who seems to be the same age as Cody, so it seems especially odd that she wouldn't know (or never mentioned) about Cody being on the estate.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Cody's existence calls into question Rex Stanton's entire motivation for kidnapping Serena Baldwin and causing all of his chaos.

But, also after Katherine Bell, haven't we rung out as much entertainment value as the briefly mentioned Taub/Stanton family would allow?

At least he could have been a Barrett, (perhaps the son of Julia?).

The convoluted back story of this character either needs to be resolved, or they need to move forward, because I like the actor (regardless of how he was cast), and GH needs some fresh romantic leads.  I would be fine if he admits that he heard about the Stanton fortune from Dante while in the military, came to con Scotty, saw he's got no money, and now he wants a new plan for his life.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Sadly none of that matters to these shows anymore. We'll find out that secretly gave birth to a baby during the time she was in the institution. Timelines be damned.

Reminds me of Nikki from Y&R somehow having a secret child during a storyline viewers saw play out in full onscreen (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

• Members

It seems especially egregious that they have written both Dominique and Heather as having babies while institutionalized as the rationale behind two different stories occurring at the same time!

All while Willow and Trina both will have their upcoming reveal of long lost parents.

We need bit more diversity in storytelling.  IRL, finding out the specifics of one's conception in your 20s would be interesting, but hardy life-changing, especially if it was also happening to three other people in the same small town.

Edited by j swift

• Members

As egregious and bizarre as I think Heather and Ryan Chamberlain mating and having a twentysomething child is, I thought they said Heather was on the run or released when she met Ryan in the wilderness and they had an affair. I can buy that even if the age issue with Heather being her biological mother is frankly sketchy at best (and two giant psychos having a psycho kid is just dumb IMO).

The Dominique/Mac thing just does not make sense and is an insult to people's intelligence. IIRC the recast gap was not nearly long enough. But they don't give a shít.

• Members

I don't think most of what happened in PC is considered cannon on GH except some marriages/divorces and Karen's death.  And anything Rex Stanton did shouldn't be because he was awful.  Poor Wayne....

How would you have written Cody as a Barrett?  Julia could be his mother I guess (he's actually a little old or at least Josh Kelly is), but she didn't hook up with Mac.  He could be Bill Eckert, Ned or AJ's son and Ned would really be the only character of relevance currently.  It would be much more plausible if he was an unknown Barrett sibling that was out to get the Barrett fortune, but again there's no relevancy without Julia or Brenda and the show already passed up that oppurtunity with the bizarrely unrelated Cooper Barrett 15 or so years ago.  Anyhow, that's going down a Barrett family rabbit hole and I was just actually curious how you would see that playing out lol

Regardless, I want to know what he and Dante did in his crazy past, but that's all.  The show would be better served bringing back established characters that age like Lucky or Zander or even Sly over Cody.

Agreed.  Mac could have had a son before he appeared in PC that was a con without tying it to Dominique.