General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Gia was "black". Honestly I thought Taggert and Gia were Afro-Latino , I didn't know they were supposed to be black black.

This show needs new psycho blood. A pair of crazy sexagenarians should not be running circles around everyone in town.

• Members

Gia was (which was part of why it was rumored at the time that Gia was intended to be Sonny's half-sister; Gia and Taggert's mother Florence, played by the great Lynne Moody, had a past with Mike Corbin).

And yeah, like I said, if Trina was lighter in complexion a la Marisa Ramirez today would likely be another story. But all that being said, GH in that era (and the '90s) had much more willingness to play interracial love front and center regardless; Nikolas and Gia were full tilt, and Keesha got plenty of action back in the day with the Q boys. Today they seem frightened of the MAGA voting block.

I am fine with Esme mixing things up. The actress is great. I think making her the psycho child of two psychos is overkill. But I can see keeping her around for awhile.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yes, Joss. Britt is dead because of you. And she would still be alive if you weren't such a selfish whore.

I enjoyed the scenes between Cameron and Spencer. I like their friendship and they really bring out the best in each other. It would also be great if Spencer and Trina turn their backs on Joss when what she did finally comes out. 

• Members

Granted I did not watch the episode preceding Britt rescuing her, but why has Joss not told anyone she was attacked by the Hook? Even if she was so stupid as to conceal her involvement because she's scared people will know she fucked Dex a couple hours before immediately breaking up with her boyfriend, come on, you're a very young woman, you had some mildly embarrassing relationship drama; in the event of a serial killer's rampage no one is going to care about that. She and Dex are the only living witnesses to the latest attack and can help the PCPD.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Not much. She has basically been rendered as a Frank Valentini special: Strong, brave young white ingenue. He finally has his Starr Manning analogue he's tried for at GH for years in what was intended to be a temp recast IIRC, and he will never let it go. Eden McCoy is not a terrible actress but she is just not skilled enough for the outsize role she's been kludged into.

I do think if they played up the spoiled princess aspects of the character that were more evident when she was a child (by a child actor who was not very good despite the endless 'corn' jokes fans and the writers kept throwing in and pretending she had anything but a death glare to offer) there would be a bit more to work with. But no, Joss is intended to be the central wholesome ingenue like the OLTL teens of the 2000s to the end of its network run. And like Starr on OLTL (who was a much more defined character as a kid than Joss ever has been), any edge she has is sanded away to make her fit a bland heroine role befitting Frank and/or Brian Frons' 15 year old read of young viewer demographics and focus group results. It's tiresome.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Dex told Joss not to come forward.  Dex shot at the Hook and used a gun Sonny gave him.   She didn't want Dex to get in trouble for shooting the gun and/or working for Sonny.  That was how Dex explained it before Britt died when everyone seemed to be okay.  I am not saying that makes a ton of sense, but that was the logic Joss/Dex were using.  He also said he got the bullet casing so there was no evidence of a shot.  I am not really sure why they aren't coming forward now.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

You know, a classic soap twist would have been her admitting she was there but lying to cover for him, and it all blowing up in her face at a later date.  Maybe even Cameron figuring it out and getting “revenge” on Dex by telling the cops.  It’s like every attempt at drama is thwarted at GH by someone (Frank) who is embarrassed to go all in on something soapy.

I didn’t even like Jason and Carly, but the fallout of him walking in shot while she was in bed with Sonny was good soap.

• Members

Haha. Hush.

I don't know. I feel like at some point the cops or just Dante are going to want to know who the other person that was there with Britt was. And THEN it is going to blow up in Joss's face. That it ties into Dante vs Sonny, Michael's plot to use Dex to bring down Sonny, and Joss/Dex is just a bonus, a typical soap convergence of plot. Which might be possible since it is usually in the January to February Sweeps period where that someone *cough*Frank*cough* does let the writers get soapy. Briefly of course.