General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think a lot of those rumors were made up by a Kevin and/or Lucy stan at the time, but I think some of them had a basis in truth re: RC/FV plans. Regardless, yes, I definitely have a lot of ideas of how you could use Christina and Serena today. Though I would make Christina a somewhat spiky and provocative writer, not a doctor. (And Gina Tognoni would be playing Dr. Sarah Webber with a ready-made husband and children as part of an experiment la the UK soaps, introducing a family all at once which you could then dismantle, but that's a topic I've well-trod before.) Anyway, the show is what it is: Boring as hell, full of played out characters.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They did bring back Carly Schroeder as Serena for two episodes in July 2017 for the memorial service for the character Lee Baldwin.  Something written into the show a while after actor Peter Hansen's death.

The timing of discussing Serena today is interesting since GH just posted this on their twitter, FB, and IG:

(My guess is that they're going to be doing a series of "GH through the years" posts because of GH's 60th anniversary.)

I know this might belong on the "classic GH" thread, but  the topic came up here, and the show is directly asking "What do you hope for Lee Baldwin's family in 2023?"

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I figured those rumors were made up, especially the one about Christina coming to town and accusing Scotty of abusing her. That was some Lucy and Kevin Stan, for sure, who came up with that one.

Sarah having a ready-made family is a good idea. Especially if she relocates from California to Port Charles to become the hospital's new chief of staff, which would have been great to have Hardy back in charge after all these years. 

And the thing was that when she came back, I think she said either in SOD or SID that she wanted to come back for a longer stint. But FV wasted that goodwill and Carly is serving in the armed forces which good for her. 

• Members

I heart Nina and Ava's friendship. Perfect pair those two. So, if Ava wants to start her life fresh, anew, and without Nicholas, I'll be more than happy to get the cherry sculpture decor off her hands that's on her living room table. You know, just in case it gives her bad memories with Nicholas. It's so cute and I want it. 

• Members

I was thinking the same thing lmao

Although I get how comforting it might sound to have someone like Serena married to Michael instead of Willow. It's a nice idea since they're legacy kids. But she'd be in the same terrible stories except with Scott and Lucy--I'm sorry--overacting in the background.

It's crazy to me that this show can afford to have a fake snow, winter clothes, a horse set, a horse and horse wrangle on set and Y&R can't afford extras.

This show never should have had Esme go into psycho territory. I think the actress is very good and the character being unrelated to anyone gave her room for growth. I would have still done the pregnancy story but have Cam be the good stepping up as her friend to help her throughout. Could have been a sweet love story without softening her edges too much and cemented Cam as the good guy he is. Now she's just a psycho with psycho parents stuck with a baby.

Cameron Mathison's Drew is just brought to life by spit and gumption mannequin Cameron Mathison.

• Members

I don't need Serena married to Michael, lol. Michael needs a long break from the show. I do think she and her sister have things to offer vs. these tired anonymous white chicks. I also think Esme could've still been all she was without going full psycho. I don't need her softened though. Avery Pohl is best at what she is doing which is playing bad news.

Cameron Mathison was an order of magnitude more interesting on the show with the beard. Now he is a grinning plastic standee. And I like Cameron.

I also was amazed they had an actual live horse. I assume it came out of Genie's clothes budget because they've been dressing her mostly terrible again for awhile, as is tradition.

Edited by Vee