General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I heart Cynthia Watros so much. So, wait. Willow is Nina's daughter and Nina has no idea. Meanwhile, Carly has been keeping this a secret? Okay, I'm invested. Quite the contrast when I think of Annie Dutton and Cassie "Stripperella Shady" Layne.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Aw. You're welcome.

I agree. I would have liked for that storyline direction change to have happened back when he had that online drama, BUT they kept him. So I figured that while it was not okay, they were trying to at least invest in the story somewhat. And character-wise, it had the potential to be a good triangle.

• Members

Another reason this is important occurred to me while catching up on the show today: Alexis' unlikely new role as the EIC of the Port Charles Press or the Invader or whatever paper it is now has shocked me by really working out for her and NLG in the last year. It makes sense Alexis would lose her license after all the crazy shít she's gotten up to the last two decades alone tbh, and NLG shines in that sort of social crusader role. So yes, Lulu should be back. She was a adventurous journalist which was a great role for a Spencer even if it was poorly executed with Emme Rylan, and she could be working under Alexis.

• Members

She's a pretty girl but it is hard to quantify how little I give a fùck about Willow, her cancer or her mom. She is a nonentity and Michael is played out. When she asked why he still loved her, the correct answer was 'because you're the only woman in my life left alive.'

• Members

There is something so cloying and pitiful about the way she wants to be 'strong' for Wiley/Michael, but is always a sobbing mess.  I know we should think she's brave and selfless or something, but those scenes with Michael yesterday were endless and actually unbearable.  I actively want the cancer to kill her off.  I find her horribly bland and uninteresting.  Easily one of the worst, if not the worst character on the show.  

• Members

She is literally always crying! But I have never found her or Sasha interesting, among many others (and I still can't really distinguish either). Again: It's like Frank has gone out of his way to populate the show with mostly middle of the road forgettable white people and tame stories or repetitive baby/family-oriented content to focus entirely on the FB and aging red state audience and no one else.

• Members

My biggest problem with Michael and Willow is that they complain all the time and it doesn’t feel earned. They’re scorched earth when it comes to Nina and Sonny, but they literally are together as a result of an affair. Why that is never brought up is beyond me, but it makes their anger and Michael’s revenge plot fall flat. 

This cancer story is probably one of the worst I’ve seen on a soap and the fact that rhis show is set in a hospital makes it even worse. For one, I don’t think Willow should have stage four cancer since we know she’ll be magically cured and it’ll be forgotten. Secondly, we really haven’t seen much of a progression. She doesn’t even seem pregnant. I feel like the next couple of weeks we’ll get some good performances out of it, but the writers absolutely failed. 

• Members

Lmao @ this bitch remembering Oscar when we all know that if he was still alive right now, she’d be breaking his heart and treating him like trash. 

She really needs to take a few more lessons from Laura Wright, who managed to give Carly some humanity in yesterday’s episode, despite defending her indefensible actions to Drew. 

I loved the little tribute to Sonya Eddy at the end though. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

If I had to chose, I would keep Sasha.  Willow/Sasha are fairly indistinguishable, but at least she might snort some coke or go nuts.  Willow also gets twice the airtime Sasha does.  It is ridiculous out of all the actresses in LA and all the characters Frank could mine from history, these are the two females we get.    I am sure KM is a nice girl, but I can't remember the last time a female lead on a soap has been so devoid of charisma and a discernible personality.

Michael and Joss being mad at Sonny falls flat.  Michael cares more about Sonny sleeping with Nina than he did about Sonny killing his father.  Aside from Michael/Willow being hypocritical about this, it doesn't even make sense that boning Nina is the straw that broke the camel's back with Michael/Sonny.  I do understand Willow disliking Nina though.  Nina is extremely obnoxious and nosy with that girl.  

Speaking of nosy, I giggled when Gossip Girl Sonny not only went through Britt's box, but took out the files and read the medical records.  Who does that?  Not to mention there seems to be a lot of HIPAA violations happening if Britt just keeps private important medical info strewn around her desk.