• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

ANYWAY

Those pictures of the cast look great. I'm glad about the Sonya Eddy tribute and to see Jane Elliot is back. I hope she's not the only return.

This reminds me that Y&R has announced nothing for its 50th, which is a week before GH's 60th.

• Members

I don't care for the light gray walls of the redesigned Quartermaine house (or Carly's kitchen) but ABC seems very invested in the legacy of the show. As they should be. It's a cultural touchstone and the longest running drama on American TV.

Characters have HOMES. There are multiple restaurants and businesses. There's varied camera work. It's treated like an actual program broadcast to millions of homes and not a shameful afterthought.

• Members

The actors blend in with the background, literally nothing stands out and is "eye catching" lol!

LOL 

Basically Frank who gets dragged on a daily basis cause he's got so many damn pets only wants "constructive criticism" 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by dragonflies

• Members

Exactly, unfinished story gets a random new layer. For example: was Harmony always Neil's killer or was that a last minute addition?

I have a feeling we won't get a proper resolution to who The Hook is. Heather as the culprit is anti climactic.

I don't even think they intended for Esmé to be Heather's daughter the entire time. Why does the show always feel the need to make new additions related to current players.  Eventually, the writers won't be able to remember all the random family trees, and have people who are cousins dating.

Dex & Joss = Molly & Brando = Dev & Trina/Joss. Sketchy guy of the moment. Esme=Nelle=Carly. If GH's writers are going to keep re-introducing the same archetype in such a short span, make it diverse by changing their race at least.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I love ALL of that and there was so much wiggle room left for the subplots.

But the quote above is actually how I am feeling it is going to go down as well. I figured that Rory's death would be more of a bump than how it is feeling right now. He actually feels like an afterthought in fact. Jordan and Dante seem more hurt by his death than Trina. At the same time, I love the chemistry, but I am not loving they are being written like they are Chase/BrookLynn at the moment. 

I do feel at some point comforting will turn to a kiss for sure. But when? 

• Members

I agree, while I think a lot of the current Q mansion looks like a suburban McMansion showroom there are at least more homes now than there were in the mid-2010s when half the cast lived in the [!@#$%^&*] hotel like GL and now Y&R. That started, I think, with Finola allegedly insisting on a house set when she resigned six or seven years ago (and I believe they gave her the old Chandler Mansion set from AMC) but clearly the money has been freed up more and more.

Twitter is definitely not real life but I think if they were focused on Twitter you'd see a very different handling of certain characters. You can't let social media dictate response, but that means all social media - not preferring to center older suburban or rural whites on FB, which seems to be the fear issue for the show and its mostly bad stories.