General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Britt and Rocco was bad enough but the whole Charlotte thing with Valentin has always been disgusting. That little girl is obnoxious and Valentin is such a creep. I'd de-Spencer her, send her away and murder him in a minute.

I'd forgotten the entire stupid "Claudette" plotline was just an excuse to get Bree Williamson on the show for about six minutes as idiot block of wood Nathan's Canadian ex-girlfriend, which fell apart quickly. It seemed like FV and Passanante badly wanted to make her stick, but she was gone remarkably fast (and IIRC killed offscreen).

Edited by Vee

• Members

I see bits and pieces of GH, but you guys give such gruesome descriptions that remind me of how nothing ever changes (especially Cam likely going under the hearse just as Zander did to prop the pets of the moment). It's just plain sad.

• Members

You're welcome!

Oh I forgot to mention that Obrecht had Dante and Lulu's last embryo that she held hostage - hmm maybe not the best word, perhaps held as leverage is better - to get Dante and Lulu to drop charges against her and Britt. I think Dante and Lulu eventually found out the embryo wasn't viable just before Charlotte was revealed to be Lulu and Valentin's, making Lulu all the more determined to get custody of Charlotte.

• Members

At this point, Cam could go on to do terrible things to them and I’d support him 110%. Joss deserves it for being such a selfish whore 

Idk.

The way I see it, if she had really felt guilty, she would’ve stopped herself, or at least tried to stop before she even had sex with Dex. But she didn’t. She was laughing and smiling while having sex. It was like Cam didn’t even exist. And that’s why I hate it (and Joss) so much now. Not the affair, just the way it was written. Sort of like Nancy/Craig/Leo or Ben/Ciara/Theo on Days

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I'm grateful I didn't have to watch Emme Rylan try to emote through all this nonsense!

It's definitely a combination of the writing and Eden McCoy inability to play anything other than self-righteous. I'd love it if the show acknowledged that Joss got all of Carly's worst personality traits. She's vicious and narcissistic and barges into every scene like a bulldog. 

Of course this show had Joss defending what Carly did before even talking to her.

It's funny that Roger Howarth and Michael Easton joined this show as Todd and John from OLTL, who despite how you might feel about either of them had distinct personalities. Then they became Franco and *checks notes* Silas, two also maybe interesting people idk they had stuff to do. Now they're both stuck playing two of the blandest, nondescript alleged romantic leads I've ever seen. 

I can't imagine a single person caring about Austin or Austin and Ava (please save her from this pairing). Or anyone looking forward to watching Hamilton Finn (this dumbass name I swear) pine after Elizabeth while they watch his lispy daughter (who the fück is this?).

Frank, listen, I know you've known these men for 20+ years and they have families and mortgages but my god LET IT GO MAN. They are DONE. There is no more there there.

• Members

Let's not say things we can't take back!

IMO Frank believes losing Roger Howarth so early in his run as EP at OLTL (according to Roger himself on a Slate podcast a year or two ago, he left in '03 because of an alleged storyline Michael Malone planned to do upon his return - probably the he said/she said rape story TSJ later played with Blair - and defected to ATWT within 3-4 months of Frank taking over) is one of the great losses of his career and he's clearly never gotten over it. Now, he compensates by just never letting him go.

Oh, that little girl is even worse and more inexplicable than Charlotte. It's his magic daughter with Rebecca Budig. Who cares?? But people act like "Violet" is a fan favorite. I don't give a fùck!

Edited by Vee

• Members

Rewatching a bunch of Jonathan Jackson’s late Guza era return as Lucky, and reading all these comments about RC’s Lulu stories, ick.  At least GH as it stands now, while bland, is nowhere near as misogynistic as it was during JFP/Guza or Ron Carlivati.  These women are not all doormats, or constant victims, or throwing themselves off buildings over a man.  I appreciate that even if I FF anything involving Sonny.

• Members

You would think that, as long as they've been shoving her down our throats, they would know to write to what ever strengths that she has and stay away from the type of writing that makes her look like such an awful person. 

It killed Joss for me. I hate her now as much as I hate Austin and Cody 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I've said it before BTW but I'll say it again: Chad Brannon looked hot as hell when he showed up as Ghost Zander for Cam a while back. Whatever his stupid recent IRL politics I don't care; over half of daytime is right-wing fundies, most of them are wise enough to keep it out of our face or off the set. I would chalk Zander up to Witness Protection and bring him back to tempt Liz and rep for his boy in a hot minute. It cannot be worse than some of her pairings over the last decade.