General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If they'd brought her on as a fresh character (a Quartermaine cousin, anything) she could have so much more longevity and carry a lot. As it is I will never really care about Nina or her useless secret children even though I love Cynthia Watros' performances. I remember how much of an apeshit lunatic Nina came onto this show as before the recast, I remember her tormenting Ava. I don't buy most of her functional relationships. I buy Watros' performances, but that's a whole different thing. Ultimately it's a lead balloon. But will Watros get a second or third character like Howarth or Easton? Nope. (Not that any of them should, frankly.)

• Members

48 hours in PC time to be exact. Meanwhile Nina has had to endure (and still is) months of people chastising her over her choice to keep Sonny being alive a secret.

Makes me wonder if all the Carly stans defending this writing choice are as morally bankrupt irl as she is.

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members

So true. I never gave an ish less about a character. I do not care if she lives or dies, and as good as CW is, her shrieks and cries don't make me feel anything for Willow....or Michael, for that matter. It's all deadly boring.

Also boring? Victor and the ENDLESS story of Victor that goes nowhere as the writers slap layer upon layer on a story they're making up as they go along.

• Members

Let alone that Sonny and Ava are friendly too via Nina. I saw the three of them sharing chummy scenes together and thought I was in Bizarro World. Avery or no Avery, I can't see it. And I've never forgotten the scenes with Stafford's Nina tormenting Ava in labor.

It looked like a very personal, physical violation. I was a bit nauseous watching it.

Edited by Vee