General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Noooo! What happened to Nikolas? His wardrobe looked so awesome. Is he the ex-actor where SOD reported or slightly hinted in a blind item that certain co-workers couldn't stand working with him? If so, awww. Damn it. His clothes looked so sharp and cute. I need to go shopping. 

• Members

I am so glad they recast Nikolas with last year's temporary recast (Adam Huss).  He looks great, acts great!  Since Nikolas is probably the most interesting male character on the show, I am relieved he'll stay on the front-burner with this pitch perfect recast.  If they bring back Brenda, I can totally see her and this new Nik making for a great story (but Liz & Nik or Esme & Nik is great story, too!).

The scenery chewing mama from Fresh Prince really needs to take things down a notch, though.  Are the directors and her scene partners too afraid to tell her to dial it down?  This is not a broad sitcom from the 1980s (even though Curtis & Portia being long-lost siblings would have been gross & hilarious).  And I just looked her up, she won 2 Emmys playing this role this way.  WTF?

• Members

Admittedly my track record on predictions is worse that Miss Cleo.  I thought Steve Burton would get vaccinated and I thought Chad might have killed Abby on DOOL.  But, I believe all the signs are pointing to the end of Nikolas. 

The loss of Nikolas elevates the status of Ava, who has already been given Spoon Island.  It creates an inheritance war between Spencer and  Esme.  And it could contribute to the downfall of Victor.  Which is why I think he's going to get the hook very soon as a certain psychotic mother tries to protect her pregnant daughter from harm.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I know Vanessa Marcil & Tyler Christopher dated outside the show, but I don't remember their characters interacting on the canvas.  Wasn't the closest link that Nikolas had a crush on Brenda's other best friend, Robin?  Tyler Christopher was great in the 1990s, but he has not aged well and the last time he was on the show, he played the character like he was half-asleep, so I hope he doesn't come back.

Anyways, I was thinking more about Adam Huss & Vanessa Marcil having potential on-screen chemistry.  I'd rather Brenda be in the Cassadine orbit, anyways.  Plus, it'd be a perfect way to sort of tease the S&B fans, but this time put her in a triangle with a viable alternative.

I thought the rumor was that Nik was going to be killed off the show, but now that they've brought back Adam Huss, they should not kill the character.  He's too important, connected and interesting. 

• Members

Objectively, I am sure it would be an okay pairing, but I still remember when Nik was a teen and Brenda had been engaged to two different men and married even though I don't think they are actually that far apart in age since she was pretty young when this was occurring.  It just creeped me out because they seemed in two very different places in life and two different generations.

Nik/Brenda would have very random scenes.  After her breakdown and Nik got shot she had an entire soliloquy to him about mob violence when he was in a coma or sleeping in the hospital and then they had another very long conversation about not growing up with their moms in the PC Hotel lobby.  It was of no consequence to any story, but it was clear they just wanted to have scenes together. 

Anyway, Adam Huss and VM would make an attractive couple, but I think the show would try her with CM/Drew before Nik.  Or just bring Steve back to do Jason/Brenda.

• Members

Like Michael with Brenda. When you put it like that...yeah...eww

That is what I'm feeling as well. The writing has been on the wall for month and half...scenes having a finality to them that shouldn't. The progressive darkness of Nikolas coming out. I even started to think instead of the Hook, we might get a whodunit since Nik was getting into it with a growing number of people. 

• Members

Yes!  I just tend to put characters in generational boxes or categories in my head and Brenda belongs in Sonny, Jason, Carly's box to me.   She can have a younger fling, but it's weird to me because she literally knew him as teenager.  I know it's never stopped Sonny, but you shouldn't put Brenda with Lucky either even though I am sure GV and VM would look nice together.

• Members

Also killing off Nikolas gives a reason to renew the animosity between Spencer and Ava, over the inheritance, which creates more conflict between him and Trina who is close to Ava. 

BTW, I still don't know how or why Victor was able to negotiate the terms of the Nikolas's divorce, but whatever at this point because his day are clearly numbered as well once the Old Squad sets their plan in motion.

It sucks for Laura to have no kids left on screen, but Genie Francis plays sorrow well.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift