General Hospital: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think she was only on one day this week, Thursday.

That's nice. Now kiss.

Joss and Dex have fücked three times this year alone. Carly and Drew just did it and NO ONE cares about them. Cody and Sasha just met and are guaranteed to kiss within a month's time. This is infuriating.

• Members

I can believe they'll kiss at February sweeps, I predicted that awhile ago. I can also believe they will then next kiss at May or November sweeps, lol. I think the show is petrified of showing them intimate out of fear of the racist portion of the audience and is trying to keep it as chaste as possible until Chavez leaves. I would love to be proven totally wrong.

• Members

This is speculation, but I was thinking that Spencer and Trina were gonna get married in order to get custody of the baby and that would be their first kiss.

Like, what?? That’s not how a story like this is supposed to play out

Please register in order to view this content

I have an opinion about this, but I think it might be my hatred of Joss that generated it

• Members

Again: It is idiotic that Spencer wants to adopt a baby or that he and Trina might get married over this mess, but the endless stream of instant nuclear family stories for most young adults and often even young LGBT characters (immediate pregnancy, babies and marriage - Kish, Wilson, Lucas/Brad and Mariah/Tessa all check some if not all of these boxes, as did Bianca on AMC before them) over the last decade-plus are clearly what the soaps or their networks feel comfortable greenlighting to what is perceived as a predominantly older conservative audience. Most young people on network soaps are not allowed to be young and fùck or do young people things - they must procreate, wed and settle down.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It shouldn't have happened with Michael either, even though he's too boring to live at this point. Or Maxie, or Lulu when it did for them ten years ago. And we've already discussed the pulse-pounding excitement of Brook Lynn, Chase, etc.'s unmarried storylines.

Edited by Vee

• Members

So short-sighted. You have these kids are basically memory-holed, existing almost completely off screen. You never really see anyone parenting anymore, as soaps don’t do domesticity anymore. Meanwhile, IRL, fewer and fewer people are marrying or having kids under the age of 35-40 (hell, younger folks aren’t even having much sex these days compared to older Millennials/Gen Xers). So much pandering to a Silent Gen/older Baby Boomer audience.

• Members

Hahaha maybe I overdid it this month

Please register in order to view this content

I just really hate when a character breaks the heart or literally destroys the life of someone that they claim to care about and then just goes off living happily ever after like they did nothing wrong, while the person they hurt is left to pick up the pieces.

I hated it when Ben and Ciara did it to Theo and when Craig did it to Nancy on Days. But Joss puts them all to shame.