Days: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wasn't watching closely enough today to tell if those are Kate's ashes in the urn Roman is carrying around or if it's just the urn he plans to put her ashes in. If she's already been cremated, is Rolf going to grow a clone of her or something? (Not that this show would let a thing like being reduced to five pounds of ashes prevent a miraculous return to life.)

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Roman sincerely believes Kate's ashes are in the urn.

Don't know if it's empty or if it contains someone else's ashes.  Or if there is some supernatural thing coming ahead that brings everyone back to life (which was *maybe* hinted at in the Day of Days winter promo).  Who knows.

Ah yeah another possibility.  Who knows LOL

• Members

Stephen Nichols killed it today. And I’m glad that we finally got a Steve/Jada scene. Now, if only we could get a Jada/Stephanie scene and friendship.

I liked the Sonny/Alex scene too. Once again, this storyline is being written correctly. 3 months ago, they would’ve had Sonny jump down Alex’s throat and screaming at him.

I heard that. And despite everything, Days has often been the best soap (or as I like to call it, least worst

Please register in order to view this content

)

But that storyline??

If they had submitted episodes from the week of Sami and Lucas’ wedding, I’d understand. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Can someone remind me how did they explain how the ashes that Anna was carry around were not Tony and how they brought him back? Also was that done under Ron’s writing? This falls into the question I posted about speculation being posted on the board. Now that we are seeing this part of the orchid SL. A part of me is wondering if they might have killed off Kate and something is going on BTS. The scenes that just aired were filmed back in June and that is the last time Lauren posted anything days related (except JA passing) on her Instagram or Twitter. She is the only one who didn’t post about Days moving to peacock. She missed day of days which is a first time for her. MBE and SN are back to filming this week. We all know Deidre isn’t going anywhere so that brings Marlena and Kayla are back. It’s days so anything and everything is possible but this will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out. 

• Members

It is an odd day when the Writer's Guild grants an award to a guy who cannot even craft a grammatically correct tweet. In celebration did they 'drink us' some champagne?

On another note, we've all talked about the pacing, but Kate just died and Roman already has her ashes?  From personal experience it takes more than a month to get the ashes back from a cremation.  It's not like a consolation prize that the hospital gives you upon your exit.  Although, I guess, one could conceivably get an urn engraved within hours at one of those Things Remembered stores in the local mall.  So, it may be that he just has the urn and is waiting for the ashes which leaves the possibility of Kate's resurrection.

It was an unintentionally campy moment when Rex and Lucas were naming all of Kate's children that needed to be contacted, but no mention of Chelsea.

Edited by j swift

• Members

If Kate/Lauren Koslow is really done and that was her send off, I probably will be done with the show. I took months off after Abby was needlessly murdered “permanently” just because the two actresses didn’t want to commit long term to Days, because I thought it was so stupid and actually enjoyed the character. Kate Roberts has been my favorite character since I got into the show in the early 2000’s and to kill her off and cremate her without having a scene with Lucas/BD would just be criminal and I think I’d be fine not watching anymore.