Days: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

@j swift Roman retired as Police Commissioner several years ago.   He took over the pub to ostensibly help Caroline out after Shawn died.  I am pretty sure since the Pub opened it had a bar in it.  I don't remember it being a diner ever.  I think people just picked up food there more often than drank.  The fish market only had a counter though.

Today's episode was pretty boring.  I am surprised the Alex/phone secret is already out.  That was quick.  

I wish Sloan would give up this revenge plot against Chanel/Paulina.  It's so boring.  Sloan's pretty high and mighty for someone who was just aiding and abetting a kidnapping a few days ago lol.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Someone tweeted that nobody else submitted. Jamey replied that's not true.

Errol didn't say Days was the only soap that submitted.
Errol said Days was the only soap that was nominated.
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/62177-article-‘days-of-our-lives’-de-facto-winner-of-2023-writers-guild-award-for-daytime-drama/#comment-1831975

I think they are saying the same thing -more than one soap submitted, but only Days was nominated.

• Members

I think the issue we can all agree upon is that Jamey, Ron, all of the Housewives, and most other creatives are alienating their fans through their interactions on social media. 

They've got the job.  They need to stop living in their mentions and getting provoked by people seeking their attention.  Social media has proven to not be an accurate indicator of public opinion because it represents a small fraction of the audience.  They all need to demonstrate some maturity, stop "clapping back", and just show their gratitude that anyone wants to consume their product.

• Members

Look at that, Allie's so concerned about her grandmother's health, yet the last time they were this sick, she was more concerned with having a threesome. Go figure 

Please register in order to view this content

What happened to Will's hair? In his first scene with Leo, it was styled the way that it always was but by the time he got to the hospital, it looked different, almost like Dan Feuerriegel's.

And, as much as I wish the secret of Alex turning off Stephanie's phone had burned for a little longer, those scenes were amazing. Stephanie ripping him to shreds was so good. And so was Chad's ripping as well. I did also like Sonny trying to defend his brother and him going head to head with Chad.

Those scenes really gave Abigail Klein room to shine, room that she hasn't really had yet. Her scene partner, on the other hand is a different story. Him trying to squeeze out tears didn't really help all that much either. Zach Tinker, he is not. 

Especially for last year lol

True.

But luckily, it wasn't as bad as other Jamey episodes.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

@AbcNbc247 The episode had too many one word/liners that were very cringe worthy. Most if not all came from Leo. His one liners are stale and some were inappropriate for the particular scene. 

Robert Scott Wilson heavy breathing I need to fart/poop acting was bad.

I noticed Chandler new look at the hospital and loved it!

I enjoyed his scenes with Julie too. When was the last time they had scenes together? 

The cliffhanger with Will was nice too. Reminded me of classic soap cliffhangers.

Chanel is getting on my nerves too. They need to move on with her and the Sloan mess. 

• Members

You know Jamey. He doesn't want to write Days of our Lives. He wants to write The Real Housewives of Salem. Look how Sloan was today compared to episodes that other writers have written for her. 

As for Julie, I don't even remember the last time she had a scene with Will or Allie. But they were nice. I always like Horton family scenes. 

And agreed that Will's hair looked good either way

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Sloan's one liners were bad too. She never talks that way. 

Jamey wants a Dynasty meets the Real Housewives 2023 version. That is/was never Days. I wish they'd fire him.

As for undoing Kate being cremated ...isn't it obvious?

A Mr. Pfeiffer will appear saying the wrong person was cremated and it wasn't Kate! Just watch!

• Members

She is my favorite as well and I would find it very disrespectful and sad to see her end like this. Watching Josh mumble through those scenes was rough. I REALLY wish they wrote a true old school soap scene and had Lucas and Phillip fighting guards and busting down doors to try and come see their mom before she died. And would it have hurt to have Will and Allie show their grandma Kate a little more compassion on her death bed. Rex my dear Rex should have shown his Roberts blood and tried harder than just calling her death after two tries, I mean did Lucas not teach you nothing when he tried to donate her heart two years ago lol. I am interested to see the ladies reunite in the afterlife. I am not ready to say goodbye to Salem’s fashion queen.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

From today's TCAs.  There's something interesting about DAYS frequently using these two as the face of DAYS, not because they aren't the lead actors, but because, I feel, RSW is not very charismatic in interviews.  Especially in comparison to Eric Martsolf, Greg Vaughn, or Ari Zucker.