ARTICLE: ‘Days of our Lives’ De facto Winner of 2023 Writers Guild Award for Daytime Drama

Errol

• Webmaster
Days of our Lives, DAYS, DOOL, #DAYS, #DOOL, #DaysofourLives

With “Days of our Lives” being the sole nominee in the category of Daytime Drama as part of the 2023 Writers Guild Awards nominations announcement, revealed yesterday by the Writers Guild of America (WGA), the show has become the de facto winner, Soap Opera Network has learned.

Writers Guild of America, West, East, WGA, WGA Awards, #WGAAwards
Courtesy of Writers Guild of America

Led by head writer Ron Carlivati, this year’s WGA-winning team for “Days of our Lives” includes writers Lorraine Broderick, Jazmen Darnell Brown, Joanna Cohen, Carolyn Culliton, Richard Culliton, Cheryl Davis, Kirk Doering, Christopher Dunn, Jamey Giddens, David Kreizman, Ryan Quan, Dave Ryan and Katherine D. Schock.

This marks the third consecutive year in which “Days of our Lives” has taken home the award and the fifth win overall for head writer Ron Carlivati.

Ron Carlivati, Days of our Lives, DAYS, DOOL, #DAYS, #DOOL, #DaysofourLives, Head Writer
Photo by Chris Haston/NBC

In a statement released to Michael Fairman TV, Carlivati said, “My team and I are thrilled to be nominated for the 2023 Writers Guild Award for Daytime.  We submitted three scripts from the storyline about Craig’s late-in-life coming out, the impact it had on his wife, Nancy, and of course, his ill-fated romance with the ever-scheming Leo. We felt that these episodes were a good representation of what ‘Days of our Lives’ does best: high-stakes family drama with a comedic twist.”

Greg Rikaart, Leo Stark, Kevin Spirtas, Craig Wesley, Days of our Lives, DAYS, DOOL, #DAYS, #DOOL, #DaysofourLives
Greg Rikaart, Kevin Spirtas (“Days of our Lives”)
Photo by XJJohnson/JPI Studios

The aforementioned submitted episodes originally aired on April 19, 2022 (#14320), April 20, 2022 (#14321) and May 4, 2022 (#14331).

The last daytime serial to win the award outright was “General Hospital” in 2016 when it was the only drama nominated in the category. The show won again in 2017 and 2018, beating out Carlivati’s “Days of our Lives.” Competing against both “DAYS” and “GH,” “The Young and the Restless” won the award in 2019.

The 2023 Writers Guild Awards ceremony is set to take place on Sunday, March 5, 2023, live from the Fairmont Century Plaza in Los Angeles.

For a full list of this year’s WGA nominees, click here.

Note: The post ‘Days of our Lives’ De facto Winner of 2023 Writers Guild Award for Daytime Drama appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow.  Is that the current Days of Our Lives writing staff?  Good to see representation like that!  Lorraine Broderick did good work back on the ABC soaps in the 1990s and, of course, Ron Carlivatti (with Frank Valentini) did great work on One Life To Live.  I can totally see why they won.

• Members

therealsusanlucci Verified

LORRAINE BRODERICK!!! Last night, I was the lucky one who had the honor of presenting Best Writing in Daytime Drama at the prestigious Writers Guild Awards!!! Lorraine won for Days of our Lives—BUT, I had the privilege, thrill and fun of being inspired by her writing for me as Erica Kane on AMC!!!

Please register in order to view this content

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpeDd29MH-r/

@Broderick did you see this?