Days: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree. That woman died in two episodes, one day actually and then the next scene she is in an urn. But next week ALL of Marlena’s family is there including Will and Allie praying for her to get better. I also agree it’s very obvious this was a John and Marlena storyline. Kayla’s and Kate’s deaths took two days. Marlena’s is two weeks lol. I think I have said this before but I wish the show put as much thought to the other characters on the show as they do Kristen, Brady, Gabi, whatever character BB or RSW is playing, Gwen, Leo, and Allie. You know the same characters that are on four or five days a week for a month straight it seems.

• Members

Agreed.

I know there's a ton of issues, with budgets, availability, etc. And I do like that they're not going to rush through Marlena's "death." But if they can give so much to some actors/characters, they can do same for others, especially actors/characters and storylines that fans want to see, like the Shawn/Belle/EJ triangle. 

• Members

Where was Chad going with that pink blazer today? He looked like a pimp

Please register in order to view this content

The Chad/Stephanie scenes were written with so much sexual connotation. I’m excited to see how this triangle is going to turn out. Hopefully, they don’t rush through it. 

But Idk about the petty way they wrote Will today. He’s not the type that would get pleasure out of other people’s misery, not even with Leo. He would be more upset and angry, like Sonny was.

Once again, Zach stole the show. The hurt and anger came through so well. I wish somebody would ask him though why he always chooses to make Sonny start crying. I don’t have a problem with it. I just want to know.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Well at least Chandler had a reason to smirk today. Usually he smirks for no reason. I wasn't impressed with the big reveal that Leo is indeed a weasel and not Sonny's friend. Why on earth would Sonny "cry" (they obviously put the glycerin drops into Zach's eyes so it would look like he's crying) over Leo? Dumb writing by the team who wins awards just by participating. 

• Members

Tues. Jan 17, the episode seems to be 45 minutes long from the Peacock menu and it is but ..  there's a seven-minute sequence of a bunch of short scenes that is repeated partway through, and then the episode finally continues.  So you're not crazy if you are watching a few scenes and think "Didn't I just watch this?"

So it's really only about 38 minutes of new material.

• Members

You can tell when a death is going to stick when they actually put some effort into their goodbye scenes. Case in point: We knew in 2004 that Alice Horton wasn't going to be permanently killed off by the Salem Serial Killer / Brain-controlled Marlena / Tony/Andre/3rd party lookalike, but you knew it was a done deal in 2010, even if you didn't know the actress had passed away in real life. 

• Members

Oh, c'mon! All the booze at Li and Gabi's wedding reception were the same bottles of booze at Brady's Pub. And the pint of cheap bourbon Orpheus gave to Lucas in prison is the same pint of cheap bourbon that Xander is swiggin' in front of Gwen in that cockroach infested trailer trash dump.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Eh, I disagree here - I think at that point he'd already been overruled and the Melaswen mess were about to happen so he went for broke. IIRC that episode is odd because first floating head Tom chases Marlena out of the house and then it's like they added the part where she came back and murdered Alice.

• Members

One of these days they are going to have to show Marlena dying instead of just talking about her for entire episodes lol.

I wish Steve would have succeeded in killing Kristen.  Stupid Johnny......

Gabi asking to see Marlena to cure Stefan was so stupid and ridiculous I don't even know what she was thinking.  Brady kissing Chloe was similarly inappropriate, but I liked that better.  Are we supposed to think Li is not just evil but unhinged?  Is he having a breakdown or are these just very "interesting" acting choices?