Days: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Another really good episode. The scenes didn’t feel rushed like they do in other episodes. We really saw people absorbing the news of Marlena’s death and how it’s affecting them. Eric and his crisis of faith, Belle feeling like a lost little girl. Even Tripp talking about Charlie. All those scenes weren’t rushed and were done really well. And the flashback to John and Marlena on the pier was beautiful. Peacock money well spent!

I liked Will and Sonny too. Hopefully, Will gets some more scenes to mourn instead of immediately jetting off to New Zealand. And Sonny, I love ya man, but remember, you were the one who encouraged Will to go, so don’t be getting upset that he’s not around

Please register in order to view this content

And if you do, just don’t do it with Leo. Maybe Paul will come back to offer his condolences

I also liked that Wendy was checking in with Johnny about Marlena and offering him a shoulder to cry on. That’s something I would do for my friends

I hope the show really plays up a Tripp/Johnny rivalry. The two of them play off of each other really well and them hating each other could have a lot of ripple effects across the canvas 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, the montage and the build up makes it clear this is a Marlena/John story and Kayla and Kate were just added in to give them something to do.  It feels so tacked on for the other two couples and I think the story would have moved better if they left them out and gave Kate/Kayla different stories.  I have no intel obviously, but this is clearly a Jarlena story pitched to TPTB that Ron or whoever decided to put Kate/Kayla in to meet their guarantees. 

Anyhow, loved today's episode.  I am a sucker for flashbacks and montages!!  Also, Allie is the WORST.  

• Members

Finally saw Friday’s episode. No one does sappy soapy goodness like Drake and Deidre. Even though Marlena almost dies every six months, they never phone it in at all. 

I’m very interested in EJ vs Stefan as well.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

As of now, just Will is leaving 

Yeah, I admit I cursed her out after that snarky little comment about Chanel and roofs

Please register in order to view this content

Yeah I know lol but they’re all doing a really good job, even the writers. Maybe that’s why I’m liking it so much 

• Members

I think Sonny will go to New Zealand with Will (just speculating based on the rumors but also based on the dialog today).  I don't really know, but that's my feeling.

My guess on how this plays out - We might see them once before they leave.  Or we simply see a conversation between Allie and Alex that their brothers have already left.  And nobody mentions where Arianna will live.  (Hope it doesn't play out that way, but given this show's track record...)

• Members

Soo far it looks like all of the conspiracy theories about the orchid SL is right. Originally a J&M SL, the devil being involved, the connection to Beyond Salem and welcome back of Bope. The thing missing that I have seen is that the ladies might be clones. I wanna be in intrigued but Ron is notorious for an embarrassing let down. On a different note, I avoided the devil SL like the plague. One because I knew no one had the creativity to make the SL beyond basic but also because I didn’t want to sit there watching tacky yellow contacts on everyone. Although Bill Hayes did give me life when he put them on. 

• Members

I can tell you one thing I could have certainly lived without: Susan guiding Marlena into Heaven.  Ugh....I thought we were rid of her.  

I like the John/Abe scenes. 

No offense to Stephanie, but I feel like we had one day of Joey and Steve's pain over Kayla, but like 6 episodes of Stephanie mourning.  It's a lot.

@AbcNbc247Allie is really giving Joss from GH a run for her money on being smug and insufferable.  Aside from not actually cheating, she really is one of the worst characters on soaps right now.