Days: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Allie was my favorite DAYS character until this week.  I still love her but she's been written horribly this week.  I have to say Lindsay Arnold did good acting while portraying the horribleness of Allie this week, which I guess is a backhanded compliment or something.

Sigh. I believe in acknowledging when my faves mess up.  I can understand Allie's insecurity. but ... her insecurity coming out as coldness was just awful.

I absolutely hate with a thousand suns that Allie and Alex are probably going to hook up.  I gather the actress is leaving at some point (only because she's now on recurring) but what a way to ruin a character before they leave.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I actually liked Allie too for a long time.  I don't think she's irredeemable or anything and still has tons of potential. She's just so mean lol.  I am not sure if it's the writing or LA's delivery, but Allie comes off like a miserable person while Chanel still seems so nice and undeserving of this treatment.  I do think Sami and Lucas being MIA really does a disservice to the character and they tend to island Allie with Chanel/Abe/Paulina most of the time except for this week.  

• Members

That was just the worst.  Chandler made the effort to visit LA and they didn't give him a scene with Deidre.

Another thing.  Marlena raised Carrie.  Christie Clark lives in England ... but from Christie's instagram, she was visiting the USA last summer (Los Angeles and New Orleans).  They could have taped one scene ... even if it was Carrie in Switzerland on video chat.  But they didn't.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I loved Carrie and Carrie/Marlena/John's relationship.  I wish Christie was able to tape.

@AbcNbc247It's tough to beat Joss as the worst, but Allie is trying.  If she actually slept with Alex she would win IMO.  

Listen, the devil is somehow involved in all this now through Susan and I can see all the nice things I said about recent shows going to literal hell quickly lol.

• Members

OK, Marlena's afterlife story is giving Austin in the Garden of Eden vibes.

But, I appreciate that they are balancing the absurd with the stories of Allie and Eric.  I like the pairing of Eric and Sloan, the writing is interesting because there are no secrets between them and they have guilt-free sex, which is something that we haven't seen in daytime for ages.  I know the actress playing Sloan gave a bad first impression, and the whole off-screen plot about her parent's death is silly, but I think they have good chemistry as a couple, and I enjoy their dialogue.  

Similarly, Paulina's scene with Stephanie today was fun.  If we ignore the fact that nobody in Salem seems to be very productive (when was the last time the bakery was open?), I like the mix of characters and I also like that despite the fact it is a story about death, it is not too dark or brooding. 

• Members

You know, I wonder if there are people in real life that really do wanna have sex immediately after they lose a loved one. I know I didn't 

Please register in order to view this content

Still, Eric and Sloan are good together though. I still can't believe that I enjoy them as much as I do.

The John/Abe scenes were really good. I always enjoy when the writers take the time to write friendship scenes like that. I was also liking the acoustics in the hospital roof set too. It almost sounded like they really were filming outdoors.

I did laugh though when Marlena said Kate was always a good friend to her and a good person. Was she being a good friend when she set your child up to be sentenced to death? Doc is very forgiving 

As for the twist, I admit I didn't see it coming, but why exactly do we have to deal with this devil crap again. Has he been relegated to just popping up every so often to be a pain in the ass, like Orpheus, Clyde and Jan?

And, f**k you Allie, just sayin.

Ehhh... I still think Joss is worse 

Judging by the way they play their characters, it almost seems like Allie knows she a nasty, horrible person and just doesn't care, whereas Joss actually thinks she a good person, but doesn't realize how disgusting she is

Plus, in Allie's case, you have a head writer who's clearly gunning for her. Chris and Dan, Idk what they're trying to do over at GH.

• Members

Eric was pretty wasted....at his family's bar....and no one stopped him.  So maybe?  I like Sloan and Eric and the actress is getting better.

I'll allow Kate/Marlena being good friends because overall they were dating back to the 70's or whenever.  And putting Sami on death row?  At times understandable lol...

Do you think Ron is gunning for Allie?  I think it's in LA's delivery.  She's a good actress, but she's very cold at times.  I think she's actually giving the material an extra bit of sharpness.

As far as what's going on with Joss on GH?  Idk, it's like she's a mini Carly without any depth.  Like she's made of sunshine and roses without any complexity her mother or even father had.