Days: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Everyone has had good ideas about how the Sonny/Will conversation should have gone.  I just don't think the writers want to bring up Ben's past or consider that friendship 'wrong' or 'strange'.  I also think the fact Ben isn't gay makes him less of a 'threat' to Sonny/Will's marriage.  While at least 75% of you in this thread would be better writers than Ron, I would almost guarantee that Sonny bringing up Will's friendship to Ben in this wasn't even a thought to any writer from Ron on down to script writers because Ben's changed.  

Ron is pushing this Leo agenda and I don't even think we are supposed to think Sonny is in the wrong here.  He doesn't need to defend his point more to Will because Will is already in the wrong.  Leo has changed.  Now he's unwittingly screwing up or getting involved in bad things.  Leo's not outright evil anymore, so Will is just being a meanie because Leo would be on the streets.  

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

carolineg

I completely agree with your assessment. Ron clearly doesn't what the audience to be reminded of Ben's past crimes which crystallize Ron's lack of strong storytelling. Sure Ben is now regarded as a romantic lead but that shouldn't negate his past. By ignoring the past you're not only shortchanging the character but other characters as well. Not to mention limiting stories. Great writers like Agnes Nixon, Bill Bell, Douglas Marland, the Dobsons among others understood that.

I also agree that in those scenes Will was supposed to be looked upon as the bad guy. That he was supposed to unreasonable whereas Sonny is the one making logic sense...which of course is absolutely ridiculous. But there's you have it.

The only good thing that came from those scenes is the strong chemistry between Zack and Chandler. No they didn't turn the material into gold but they turn it into watchable silver.

• Members

Exactly.  Sonny did not need to make any more logical points because his point was already valid in Ron's mind.  

Will/Sonny have such a rich history and I wish the show would touch more on why Will/Sonny have such insecurity issues and what not, but Ron won't.

LG was very good as Sarah today with Maggie and Xander.  She's clearly capable.  It still makes me wonder her thought process during that Sarah/Renee mess and what she was going for lol.

Back to Leo, I would buy him trying to change if he did something to change.  He spends all day hanging out with Gwen.  He's not actively looking for a job or trying to figure anything out.  Does he plan on living at Victor's forever?  

• Members

Spot on! 

Ron has always made it where Will is the wrong one. Sonny is always right and never wrong.

Yes!

Ron will never write this especially with Ben 2.0 on our screens.

They are hot together! It's unfortunate Ron has no clue or ideas of how to write for them. Chandler could be on contract and still the writing for them would be atrocious.

• Members

Insecurities is one thing, but Alex has been nearly obsessed with Stephanie from the jump and it's creepy.  They have dating for about 5 min and Alex thinks he has a right to tell Stephanie what to do with her time?  Or tell her she was leading Chad on? 

• Members

The show started toning Alex down a bit from being one big giant red flag, but now that Alex is back.  Everything about that conversation was so cringe and possessive that I think Alex is one Chad/Stephanie hug away from kidnapping Stephanie and strangling Chad with a necktie.

Please register in order to view this content

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

The pacing of the show is insane and ridiculous, but technically Kristen overheard him talking to Eric.

He said he was going to tell her when he asked for the ransom, so I think Brady was going to come clean pretty fast anyway.  He had to.  There was no way him/Eric would get away with it for long since Rachel is with Eric.  The plan was just very silly in general and Eric/Brady are the world's worst kidnappers.

• Members

At least Rachel is written as the type of unappealing child one would expect after her upbringing.  It is a credit to John that he humors her as much as he does, and it makes Sami's attitude toward her step-father even less reasonable, considering how kind he can be to bratty little girls.