Days: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Whatever lighting they opted to use for the Miami hotel scenes with Chloe, Stefan, and Gabi is something they ought to stick with going forward. It was more dark, moody, and flattering. When you’d switch to the Brady/Kristen scenes the lighting was harsh on the actors by comparison. I almost thought it was different cameras being used to shoot the Miami scenes. 

Good for Nicole for pumping the breaks on bedding yet another man, albeit one of her many exes. Finally a little reflection on her own actions and reactions. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Today was very Kiriakis-centric. I liked that.

With all due respect to @Soapsuds, I was a little annoyed with Will at the beginning too 

Please register in order to view this content

Especially when he slammed the door in Sonny's face. But I'm glad they made up, though I probably wouldn't bang my husband on my sister's couch, just sayin 

Chandler and Zach have such good chemistry, even when Will and Sonny are supposed to be fighting. Again, I would have no problem with this storyline if it was about someone, anyone, other than Leo. 

And I gotta say, I'm really glad that it looks like Alex is finally being written as the pervy, selfish scumbag that he is and not as the hero who's always in the right. Looking forward to Stephanie ripping him a new one tomorrow. 

YES!

That and Beyond Salem, where Will was the one looking out for Leo and keeping secrets from Sonny

I've noticed it too. It does seem like NBC poured a little more money into Days for this season, before the move to Peacock was announced. 

• Members

I know I'm a broken record...but Chandler Massey has smirked/smiled in EVERY scene he's been in since Will's return to Salem.

Zach Tinker never breaks character and tries his best with sh#t writing, while CM plays everything for giggles. It's annoying beyond belief, and I can't belief they won't replace him.

• Members

Today's show was good but the script writing wasn't that great especially in Will and Sonny makeup scenes. It was just very generic because the story with Leo is just so awful and silly. I'm sure Sonny will have egg all over his face when Leo's latest crime is revealed.

I did love seeing Chandler Massey hot butt/a$$.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The Sonny/Will scenes was just so annoying in that the show refuse to play the Ben Weston card and that's would have been the perfect time for it.

Listening to Will going on and on about all the terrible things Leo has done - all of it 100% the truth - and Sonny just sitting there more or less just listening to it without having a truly realistic response by simply saying, "And what about your friendship with Ben Weston?!"

if Sonny would have done that a floodgate of raw emotions could have been played out. Of course Will will try to justify his friendship with Ben with the weak argument that Ben has changed and that's he was mentally ill at the time. But Sonny would be easily able to crush that argument by retelling Will the night Sonny got the phone call telling him his husband was dead. Through gut wrenching details Sonny could tell Will about the horrifying emotions he went through thanks to Ben's violent actions. But not only did Sonny had to go through the agonizing pain but he reminds Will that their daughter had to go through that pain as well. And you expect me to be perfectly fine with your friendship with Ben?

For the first time Will could truly understand just how painful his "death" was to the people he loves and how incredibly insensitive his friendship to Ben is to those around him.

Those would have been some powerful, meaty scenes that both Zack and Chandler could have truly flex that acting muscles. It would have also made the scenes more compelling, more dramatic and much more realistic. 

I've been watching soaps for a long time and I've seen plenty of crap. But I've also seen crap saved by common sense storytelling by playing to simple logic. Why us it so difficult for Ron to do that?