Y&R: Anthony Morina OUT as EP!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't buy MVJ wanting to take on that headache vs. making a pretty penny sitting back at B&B writing the same slop for a lot of cash for a show that is going to run and run thanks to international money. Same with Mulcahey, etc.

• Members

As much a problem as the writing is, the production does nothing to enhance the show.

Music, sets, costumes, etc all need an overhaul.

Yes, the budget is tight but surely there are ways around it. We have discussed this many times.

Sharon in an ugly spangly top in an empty (old fashioned) Crimson Lights with generic music playing is not compelling viewing.

• Members

They're never spending real money on this show again as long as it's on network television IMO. And I don't believe there's anyone with the will to try to stretch a buck Frank Valentini-style. Nor do I think his approach would work for Y&R.

• Members

I hope this is only temporary in regard to Josh being the head writer and EP, because this show acts as if it didn't learn its lesson the other times, they had HW's also be EPs. It usually doesn't work out well for them in the long run.

I'm curious about them having actual plans for the 50th next year. And not just bring on Janice Lynde's Leslie Brooks to play piano with no lines or get Meg Bennett for a pointless cameo as Julia.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

How did I miss this thread today?

Please register in order to view this content

As I just mentioned in the Y&R thread and echoing the sentiments of others it’s a mistake that JG has been left in complete charge given his track record over the years. Yeesh. They needed to let him go as well.

Thudley writing Y&R? Short term would be fun long term it would end in catastrophe no doubt about that.

Messing with the Chancellor set lol…guess no one learns lessons. It’s similar to how Latham, MAB, and Young all were fired not long after writing out Ashley.

And PS @Paul Raven I giggled, could totally see that as an Onion article headline.

Is Kent still over Y&R and Days? It’s been quite some time since I’ve seen his name. I remember he use to obviously micromanage the show based on his interviews but I haven’t seen him speak on behalf of Y&R for a long time now. Guess he doesn’t care anymore?

• Members

No one can save this show because the execs at CBS and Sony are the ones in charge and they don't know soaps and don't care to save this show long term.  While I haven't been able to watch since Mal Young left (and my viewing was spotty during his tenure but he tried some interesting things and the show looked good), Josh's replacement could be worse. Look at Ron Carlivati replacing Dena Higley.  Ron has utterly destroyed Days.  Josh's prozac version of Y&R is a snooze fest but it hasn't completely degenerated into a Scooby Doo cartoon.  Maybe the show will die with some dignity as ATWT did.